Accounting Coordinator Accounts Payable Month Term Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Museum Human Rights Winnipeg
- Accounting Coordinator Accounts Payable Month Term
- Canadian Museum Human Rights
- Winnipeg MB
- 10 Feb, 2018 1 day ago
Canadian Museum Human Rights Winnipeg urgently required following position for Accounting Coordinator Accounts Payable Month Term. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Coordinator Accounts Payable Month Term Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Museum Human Rights Winnipeg Jobs Details:
The purpose of this position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting operations of the Museum, including ensuring that expenses are supported, recorded and approved by the appropriate signing authorities and that invoices are paid and expense reports are settled. This position also records full-cycle accounting entries and assists with regular internal and external reporting, including publicly posted travel and hospitality expenses. This position also provides back-up to the Accounting Coordinator – Revenue manage cash floats, complete bank deposits and record sales.
- Support the procurement process and monitor requisitions, approvals, coding and payments including but not limited to:
- Review all purchase requisitions to ensure proper completion, including correct financial coding.
- Resolve purchase order to invoice discrepancies.
- Review invoices to ensure appropriate taxes are recorded and paid.
- Ensure invoices are properly received by the shipper/receiver and approved for payment by appropriate levels of authority prior to payment.
- Review employee expense reports and credit card reports on line ensuring appropriate pre-approvals were obtained and financial coding is accurate.
- Process all vendor/employee payments via cheques, wires and EFTs on a weekly basis.
- Respond to questions from vendors and Museum staff.
- Provide training/supervision to the Finance Co-op student(s) to ensure they are following proper procedures.
- Complete regular accounting, reconciliation and reporting including:
- Accounting journal entries and those related to: bank entries, payroll, financial coding reclasses, inventory and cost of sales;
- Reconciliation of the Accounts Payable sub-ledger;
- Completion of travel and hospitality reports that are posted on the CMHR website;
- Participate in inventory counts and reporting on equipment and inventory;
- Reconciliation of inventory between the Financial Management System and the Boutique point-of-sales system (evaluate different sources of information and reconcile conflicting or ambiguous data).
- Provide training/guidance to various CMHR staff on general financial procedures, including but not limited to purchase requisitions, expense report completion, invoicing and cheque requests.
- Provide back-up to the Account Payable, Revenue to manage the cash floats, complete bank deposits and record all sales.
- Other duties including, but not limited to:
- Taking part in process improvement initiatives including system implementation testing as required;
- Administrative duties including filing and faxing documents.
- Accounting-related post-secondary education and minimum three years’ experience in an accounting department, including full-cycle accounting and accounts payable functions
- Knowledge of accrual accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Programs, specifically with Microsoft Excel (Intermediate Level)
- Experience working with an integrated accounting system
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities and assignments in order to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Retail Sales Tax (Manitoba) and GST
- Currently pursuing a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or equivalent
- The ability to communicate with proficiency in both official languages, oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and assist with continuous change and process improvements
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- May require irregular hours (evenings, weekends)
- May require some physical effort (moving files, counting inventory)
- Security Screening Level - Reliability Status
- Child Abuse Registry Check
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé through CMHR’s Careers page at https://humanrights.ca/about/careers by February 19, 2018 . The cover letter must provide concrete examples that illustrate how they meet the education and experience factors listed in the Qualifications – Required and Desired (if applicable). Résumés will be used as a secondary source to validate the education and experience described in the cover letter.
The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. Please advise the HR representative if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt of their application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Intent / Result of process: An eligibility list of qualified candidates may be created as a result of this process. The list would have a retention schedule of six months.