Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Manitoba Government Winnipeg
Manitoba Government Winnipeg urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Manitoba Government Winnipeg Jobs Details:
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee of Manitoba (PGT) is a provincial government Special Operating Agency that manages the affairs of Manitobans who are unable to do so themselves and have no one else willing or able to act. The PGT administers the estates of individuals residing in Manitoba who have died and who have no one else to act as administrator or executor. The PGT also manages trust money on behalf of individuals under the age of 18 as well as those who are under a legal disability. In addition, the PGT manages the personal and financial affairs of individuals who are incompetent to make independent decisions or who are vulnerable adults.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Search
- Successful completion of a recognized legal or administrative assistant program with related experience performing a full range of administrative support duties, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Excellent written communication skills, including (but not limited to) the preparation of legal documents (i.e.: applications for Letters of Administration, Requests for Probate, Renunciations), letters and memos
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to speak in a clear and concise manner
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion in handling private and sensitive material
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines while managing a high volume of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with departmental staff, external agencies, other professionals and the general public
- Ability to work co-operatively and constructively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent programs
- Experience in the administration of estates and trusts
- Knowledge of The Intestate Succession Act, The Court of Queen's Bench Surrogate Practice Act and The Wills Act
The incumbent acts as Administrative Secretary for the Manager of Estates and Trusts in the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee of Manitoba, as well as several estates officers. This position provides secretarial backup for one other estates assistant and a trust administrator. Duties include preparing complex legal documents and correspondence related to the administration of estates and trusts. The incumbent is responsible for administrative and clerical work on new and ongoing estate and trust accounts, as well as the preparation of financial statements and reports for distribution and closing of accounts. In addition, the Administrative Secretary is responsible for creating and maintaining template letters and forms, maintaining a daily diary for the Manager and performing other duties as required, such as back up to reception.
Advertisement # 34070
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary. City Calgary Calgary opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Administrative Assistant position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 20 Jun, 2018. Perform administrative duties including:. The Calgary Police Service (CPS) requires a highly motivated individual to provide administrative support to various... ... Continue reading -->
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Public Service Alliance Calgary. Public Service Alliance Calgary opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Administrative Assistant position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 18 Jun, 2018. As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its... ... Continue reading -->
Support Assistant Administrative Clerical Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto. City Toronto Toronto opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Support Assistant Administrative Clerical position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 01 Mar, 2018. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Support Assistant. Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a... ... Continue reading -->
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Government Saskatchewan Regina. Government Saskatchewan Regina opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Administrative Assistant position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 18 Jun, 2018. Administrative Assistant - ADM014677. As part of the administrative unit within the Branch, this position provides a variety of administrative functions,... ... Continue reading -->
Assistant Energy Services Jobs Vacancy in Epcor Utilities Edmonton. Epcor Utilities Edmonton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Assistant Energy Services position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 18 Jun, 2018. Administrative support, such as:. The Assistant, Energy Services is accountable for providing administrative support for the Director and Management teams for... ... Continue reading -->