Postdoctoral Researcher Jobs Vacancy in Algolux Montréal
Algolux Montréal urgently required following position for Postdoctoral Researcher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Postdoctoral Researcher Jobs Vacancy in Algolux Montréal Jobs Details:
As a Postdoctoral Researcher at Algolux, you will work alongside our academic partners at McGill University and Université Laval to develop and deploy novel applied research solutions in the areas of computational photography, computer vision, imaging and machine learning.
You will interact with both the leading academics in these areas, as well as the world’s largest smartphone vendors and automotive component manufacturers. It’s not uncommon for Postdoctoral work to end up in commercialized products, such as your next smartphone or car… and those of millions of others!
- Formulate and develop novel user-facing solutions for targeted applied research problems in the aforementioned research areas. This will include setting up lab measurements, field testing, conducting statistical and numerical analyses, and preparing academic manuscripts.
- Develop learning-based solutions for complex imaging systems.
- Develop and adapt computational photography and computer vision algorithms to challenging imaging problems.
- Support the development of deployable code alongside Algolux Software Engineers.
- Build compelling demos and illustrative results.
- Ph.D. in computer science or engineering, in areas related to computational imaging, machine learning, computer vision, numerical methods or computer graphics.
- Track record of relevant publications in top-tier conferences and journals (SIGGRAPH, ICCV, CVPR, ICML, NIPS, etc.) and/or significant industry experience working as a member of a research team in the areas of interest listed above.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks, model architecture design, training methodologies, and data management.
- Experience tuning digital camera systems (sensors and ISPs).
- Image/video quality KPI (Key Performance Indicators) expertise.
- Image processing library development.
- Python programming.
- C++ development and code optimization.
- Knowledge of cloud-based and GPU heterogeneous compute platforms.
- Agile development with Git, Bitbucket, pull requests, etc.
What can we offer you? Algolux is a tight-knit, collaborative group of individuals from all over the world who are united by a common interest in applying AI to solve big problems in computer vision. On this diverse team, you will be introduced to new perspectives and will acquire knowledge and experience you wouldn’t necessarily gain elsewhere. We also encourage professional development by supporting participation in continuing education, technical conferences, and open source projects. We value individuals who like to push the science, but also have the right attitude and mentality to work on a software version cycle. A unique mix that is critical to scaling up our company.
At Algolux, we offer equity options for our employees so that as the company continues to succeed, so will you. We are currently partnering with major component manufacturers like Intel, Qualcomm, and ARM, as well as major automotive manufacturers, to drive the technology behind the introduction of driver-less vehicles. In fact, we were awarded the “Most Exciting Startup” at AutoSens 2017 - the world’s leading technical summit for ADAS and autonomous vehicle perception technology.
The Algolux office is an inspiring modern work-space situated in the heart of the trendy district of Pointe Sainte Charles, near downtown Montreal. Our open office environment encourages communication, teamwork, and a culture of mutual trust and respect. We work hard, but we don't take ourselves too seriously either and we always make room for fun along the way.
Job Type: Full-time