Senior Project Manager Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto
Bmo Financial Group Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Project Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Project Manager Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto Jobs Details:
- Has end to end accountability for the successful completion of the program/project. Directs and coordinates team members in creation of program/project deliverables. Works with HR and Communications stakeholders to drive change, talent, and communications planning.
- Possesses an understanding of multiple LOBs and directs sub-project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants, and contractors and vendors.
- Creates and owns the plan consisting of staffing, budgets, roles and responsibilities, assumptions, dates, deliverables, metrics and reporting.
- Cultivates and supports an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, teamwork and work-life balance.
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, and professional development for project teams in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members.
- Provides expert consultation and guidance to others to help them deal with complex problems.
- Analyzes trends to proactively prevent problems.
- Monitors program health continuously and engages management as required if project health changes.
- Rigorously manages project scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters, with an enterprise perspective.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit, and oversees governance controls to ensure that projects/programs meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology.
- Identifies and tracks project risk and develops mitigation plans to manage risk (i.e. risk related to technology, change management, procurement, business process management, requirements management).
- Supports project management activities following BMO’s project management methodology and practices.
- Reports administrative and financial metrics back to Business Sponsors and related stakeholders to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Establishes effective project or program oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the appropriate stakeholders to support the direction of the project or program and enable superior customer experience.
- Contributes to the development of the seed funding request by ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated and risks are identified.
- Works in close partnership with Finance and key stakeholders for monthly reporting requirements (i.e. Finance, compliance, Status, Issues Management).
- Manages and/or validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenses.
- Develops an understanding of organizational complexity to interact and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues within the project’s mandate.
- Identifies, develops, and/or promotes best practices and applies learnings from the more fluid parts of the business.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Seeks to integrate digital methods for agile, rapid prototyping, and for customer involvement.
- Supports the execution of key improvement initiatives using data-driven insights to deliver positive financial and customer outcomes.
- Continuously improves program/project processes in order to ensure the best possible deliverable outcome to improve overall efficiency and improve the bank.
- Closes project or program spending accounts upon project closure
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Generally 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Experience in managinglarge-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and high value ($1MM-$10MM) with low to moderate risk and low value ($250K-$1MM) with high risk
- Expert level of knowledge in domain
- Able to connect programs to broader organization goals.
- Possesses understanding of business processes within the line of business and aware of what is going on within the industry.
- Demonstrated agility in learning and ability
- Core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge).
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable).
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Sound business supported by previous technical experience.
- Possesses relationship management and consulting skills.
- Possesses solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses expert analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to analyze a component or components of a process to optimize system functionality.
- Possesses change management skills, including identifying people, processes, and technology implications to various end users / stakeholders and designing the change and implementation plan.
- Able to identify and/or recommend opportunities create/contribute to tactical and strategic vision.
- Able to deal with complex business or technical issues and make appropriate trade-offs/escalations as required, while maintaining an overall project or program perspective
- Able to translate technology issues into business terminology and visa-versa
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Project Management
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation Canadian Business Banking-X000905
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date 01/19/18