Project Technologist Jobs Vacancy in Delco Automation Inc Saskatoon
Delco Automation Inc Saskatoon urgently required following position for Project Technologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Technologist Jobs Vacancy in Delco Automation Inc Saskatoon Jobs Details:
Delco Automation Inc. is a premiere integrator of process automation and control systems. Delco Automation serves clients in North America in the following industries: water and wastewater, integrated security, ethanol, energy, mining, natural resources, oil and gas, chemicals, forestry, food processing, agriculture, environmental, manufacturing, and technology. Our head office is centrally-located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Delco Automation is a single source of technical expertise in the combination of process control, SCADA, DCS, PLC's, information systems, instrumentation, measurement, telecommunication systems, and control centers. Delco Automation performs feasibility and planning studies, followed by detailed design, manufacturing, procurement, integration, training, and commissioning for new-builds and retrofits. Delco Automation is able to provide basic consulting or can take complete turn-key contracting responsibility for any size of automation or security project, from small compressor control panels, to comprehensive water treatment plants, to large integrated security systems, specifically in the corrections, healthcare, education, and commercial security sectors.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Junior Project Technologist. Delco is looking for someone who is hardworking, has a positive attitude, and works well with others. This is a 4-month term position, with the possibility of an extended work term or even permanent employment after the initial term has been completed.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Employment Details: Term Position: 4 months
- Prepare Process & Instrumentation (P&ID), General Arrangement (GA), and Isometric (ISO) drawings for selected projects in AutoCAD.
- Update Delco Water project cost sheet templates (in Excel) based on P&ID's.
- Prepare steel frame drawings for Delco Water water treatment skids in AutoCAD (based on existing designs).
- Prepare steel tank and tank internals drawings for Delco Water filtration systems in AutoCAD (based on existing designs).
- Prepare shop drawing packages for project proposals and project approval submissions consisting of AutoCAD drawings (noted above), cut sheets, BOM's, etc.
- Prepare construction drawing packages for mechanical fabrication/builds in Delco Water's shop.
- Provide oversight and QA for mechanical builds in Delco Water's shop.
- Provide support during material and equipment procurement.
- Assist in keeping track of procured material and equipment during mechanical fabrication, during preparations for equipment deliveries to clients, and afterwards during shipment of loose material and equipment to site.
- Assist with preparation of O&M manuals as required.
- Provide other technical support as required.
- Diploma from Saskatchewan Polytechnic (or equivalent) in:
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist/Technician
- Drafting Technologist/Technician; or
- CAD/CAM Engineering Technologist
Training/Experience Also Required in Use of:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
Additional Training/Experience That Would be an Asset:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Visual Basic Software Programming
Job Type: Full-time