Business Finance Administration Manager Jobs Vacancy in Maplewood Seniors Care Society Surrey
Maplewood Seniors Care Society Surrey urgently required following position for Business Finance Administration Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Finance Administration Manager Jobs Vacancy in Maplewood Seniors Care Society Surrey Jobs Details:
Who we are
Maplewood Seniors Care Society is focused on contributing to the dignity and care of seniors within our Fraser Valley Community. Working with a board of directors and community partners, our managers, staff, and volunteers deliver kindness and respect to each of the lives we touch. This requires individuals who aren't just looking for a job, it requires people who want to make a positive impact in the lives of others. We're not dependent on donations so we offer a secure, full-time employment opportunity with a competitive base salary and full benefits based on Fraser Health Authority guidelines. Learn more about us at maplewood.bc.ca
What you would be doing
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations, you will manage administrative staff and perform the majority of accounting functions, including the preparation of financial statements and statistical reports. The Business Manager is able to work independently, exercise personal judgement and initiative in managing financial and administrative matters as they pertain to daily operations, and allows you to use judgement and take initiative when making decisions. In your work with the Director, you will participate in overall financial and operational planning, and the implementation of these plans.
Your key duties and functions
- Financial Accounting
- Responsible for processes, controls, and accuracy of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliation and general ledger accounting.
- Ensures administration, accounting policies and procedures are up to date and compliant with CRA and other regulatory bodies
- Provides assistance to other departments as related to budget planning and financial accountability
- Develops, implements, and monitors effective financial controls as required by Canadian Accounting standards, auditors and government agencies
- Financial Management
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, year-end reconciliations and financial statements
- Compiles and reports key indicators and trends for MSCS senior leadership
- Prepares and submits third party reporting requirements
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Administration & Human Resources
- Manages and oversees daily operations of administration and accounting staff
- Recruits, supervises and evaluates administration and accounting staff.
Who we are seeking
You should be a professional with demonstrated proficiency in performing a mid-level management role. You should be used to supporting senior level executives in a manner that helps them to focus on overall operations, organizational priorities, and high-level interactions versus worrying about the details. You have a "numbers mindset", tend to focus on the details, require minimal supervision, can identify what needs to get done and get it done with minimal direction, have a mature attitude towards interactions and issues, and tend to like doing more rather than less in the performance of your job. You also have a progressive and people oriented approach to managing and engaging your people.
- Completion or near completion of a recognized professional accounting designation. Record of ongoing development of professional and technical knowledge.
- 3+ years supervisory experience. Previous experience working with health care or non-profit (Society) settings preferred.
- Working knowledge of computerized and accounting systems, demonstrated skills in data management and reporting, and advanced level of proficiency working with MS Office applications.
- Strong proficiency in the oversight of employees completing administrative and accounting work, organization of duties, data management and reporting, and understanding/following regulatory requirements. Understands the application of discretion with confidential matters.
- Must have excellent English both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated skills in developing open and caring relationships with staff, residents, families, and the public in a values-based organization.
Job Type: Full-time