Research Project Manager Red Jobs Vacancy in Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences Ices Toronto
Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences Ices Toronto urgently required following position for Research Project Manager Red. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Project Manager Red Jobs Vacancy in Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences Ices Toronto Jobs Details:
Data. Discovery. Better Health.
We’ve got the data. Only the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences holds all of Ontario’s 18 billion health related records – comprised of nearly a trillion data points!
We’ve made improvements to health. As a world-leading research institute, our trusted evidence changes policy and practice…and patient lives.
We need you for the discovery part.
Your skills, knowledge and curiosity can change the future of health care.
Come discover your value.
The ICES Research and Analysis Department is seeking a motivated and collaborative research project manager (PM) in the Mental Health & Addictions (MHA) Research Program to contribute to the Mental Health and Addictions Scorecard and Evaluation Framework (MHASEF) Research Team. The Research Project Manager reports to the Research Program Manager in their assigned program. The Research Project Manager will work collaboratively with the project team and Principal Investigator (PI) or Staff Scientist. The PM will be responsible for organizing and overseeing the portfolio of research projects, liaising with various stakeholders and funders, providing input into research methodology and project plans, and managing the associated budgets, timelines, contracts and deliverables.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
1. Develop, plan and implement study/project protocols under the direction of the PI or Staff Scientist. These activities may include:
- Assisting in grant/project submissions including budget preparation;
- Completing literature searches and/or literature reviews;
- Assisting with study design and/or data collection methodology;
- Assist with the accurate and timely production of data/reports including data quality activities, data interpretation and presentation.
2. Interface and manage relationship-building efforts with internal and external stakeholders in support of the projects and portfolio such as expert panels, committees and team meetings;
3. Contribute to the writing and copy editing and coordinate the preparation of reports (technical reports/working papers/ICES publications/web-based summaries) , abstracts, poster presentations, peer-reviewed publications and other relevant deliverables, in collaboration with the PI or Staff Scientist;
4. May contribute to the acquisition and integration of new data, including:
- Ensuring Research Ethics Board approvals and project documents (e.g., Data Sharing Agreements) are completed as required;
- Assisting with the design and development of data collection tools/applications;
- Ensuring data quality and completeness through audits and data cleaning.
5. General project and portfolio management which will include:
- Monitoring project and portfolio timelines, risks and deliverables in collaboration with other team members;
- Managing project and portfolio budgets and allocating funds in collaboration with the PI;
- Liaising with the Finance and Procurement departments.
6. Work effectively and efficiently according to ICES policies, procedures, standards, workflow processes, documents and requirements (e.g., complete program and project documentation according to ICES standards and guidelines) ;
7. Work with Communications to finalize written and graphic formats and to create report dissemination plans;
8. Facilitate the uptake of knowledge by local decision-makers across Ontario through the presentation of findings, education sessions, and one-on-one interactions as required;
9. Contribute to or support the development of a body of knowledge in support of ICES such as updating documentation;
10. May contribute to other committees or activities within the department or ICES in support of ICES business plan as required;
11. Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Master’s degree in health sciences discipline such as Epidemiology, Health Sciences or a related field;
- Knowledge gained through 2 years of related experience;
- Experience in managing clinical, epidemiological and/or health services research projects and/or experience in health planning and decision support;
- Working knowledge of common research and data presentation methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of the concepts of health services research;
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects within tight timelines. Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet Explorer) , as well as the ability to work with computerized databases;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
This position is a two year full-time contract with possibility of renewal located at ICES Central in Toronto.
ICES offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position by Friday, February 23, 2018 to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Please quote job# RED-18-08
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their needs known.
Job Type: Contract
- related: 2 years