Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in The Aquila Group Toronto
The Aquila Group Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in The Aquila Group Toronto Jobs Details:
The Aquila Group offers an exciting and rewarding career path in the building design industry. Our firm specializes in traditional building mechanical and electrical design, energy advisory and project management. Our clients in the commercial industry include Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment, Brookfield, University of Toronto, Metrolinx, Oxford Properties and Infrastructure Ontario. We work on some of most complex buildings in the Canada and are looking for an individual with the analytical skills and competence to successfully deliver these challenging projects to our clients.
Our office is centrally located in Toronto’s financial district in close proximity to many of our clients. We offer a social atmosphere with regular company outings, including annual events such as Ski Day, Golf Day and Island Day. We offer a competitive compensation package that exceeds the industry standards.
As our firm continues to grow, we are looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our design team and further develop relationships with our current, and future, Clients. The Ideal candidate will hold 5+ years of relevant experience in the building construction industry related to HVAC, plumbing, drainage and fire protection.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in project teams and manages assignments within overall project framework
- Co-ordinates mechanical design with external consultants and Architects
- Performs engineering calculations including building heat gain/loss calculations, system friction losses, energy analysis, equipment and material sizing and project cost estimates
- Participates in the selection of basic equipment and systems
- Prepares contract drawings and technical specifications for submission to Clients and City Officials
- Provides follow-up assistance during construction activities and participates in site meetings.
- Documents progress and results through preparation of reports, memos and detailed site surveys
- Reviews shop drawings and design details by analyzing for continuity and viability
- Performs any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Licensed Professional Engineer designation in the Province of Ontario
- +4 year experience in mechanical systems, specifically related to commercial and industrial buildings (preferably in the consulting engineering industry).
- Experience in AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Experience with TRACE or eQuest would be an asset
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards (Ontario Building Code, ASHRAE 62.1, NFPA 96, 13 etc.)
- Superior time management skills. Candidate will work on multiple projects with specific time allotments for each.
- Excellent communications skills. Candidate must communicate professionally and effectively with clients, contractors, peer consultants, and fellow employees through various formal documents, emails, telephone calls, and face-to-face interactions.
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be involved in teams of various sizes and work with people from various professions and background including, but not limited to: architects, engineers, interior designers, project managers, CAD staff, contractors, and inspectors. Candidate must be able to organize and coordinate work between team members and keep the project moving forward.
- Be able to work efficiently under varying amounts of supervision. Candidate will be responsible for accuracy and quality of assigned work and its timely delivery.
- Hold a valid Ontario driving license.
- How many years of Mechanical Engineering experience do you have?
- What University did you attend?
- Are you fluent in any languages aside from English?
- What other jurisdiction(s) are you licensed to stamp mechanical drawings for?
Please note that the Senior Engineer is required to:
* Work beyond normal business hours, when necessary.
* Travel to various job sites, other offices and at times to other cities.
* Comply with all Health Safety Legislation and use personal protective equipment as required.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume in PDF format. We thank all interested candidates, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time