Multimedia Journalist Jobs Vacancy in The Advertiser Grand Falls-Windsor
The Advertiser Grand Falls-Windsor urgently required following position for Multimedia Journalist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Multimedia Journalist Jobs Vacancy in The Advertiser Grand Falls-Windsor Jobs Details:
We are seeking a dedicated journalist in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL who is capable of gathering news and delivering stories and features, taking photographs and producing video for distribution across multiple media platforms including print and websites.
The successful candidate must be able to produce engaging content every day.
The candidate must thrive under deadline pressure with a desire to be the first to provide breaking news and insight for our readers, demonstrate great news judgment and is able to develop and present compelling, relevant content on a variety of platforms, including print, web, mobile, and social media.
If you are passionate about story-telling in any medium; highly organized and motivated self-starter with the ability to write concisely, accurately and quickly under deadline pressure, this position is for you.
Essential duties and responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reporting, editing and publishing quality content for a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, social media, print – as well as tailoring content to meet the needs and deadlines of those platforms;
- Carrying out news assignments as given – as well as generating and developing ideas independently;
- Shooting and editing still photos and video to illustrate stories - assigned or on own initiative;
- Assisting online staff in preparing multimedia/interactive stories;
- Strategically engaging in social media – gathering, publishing and promoting content;
- Meeting performance standards to achieve strategic objectives and goals laid out in job KPI’s; and,
- Other duties as required.
- Journalism and/or photojournalism degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems;
- Experience with “spot news” – proven ability to react quickly to breaking events;
- Demonstrated experience writing, reporting, shooting/editing photos, video; and
- A valid NL Driver’s Licence
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume, quoting posting #05-18, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 610
Tel: (902) 426-2811
Fax: (902) 426-0449