Senior Web Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Ian Martin Group Toronto
Ian Martin Group Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Web Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Web Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Ian Martin Group Toronto Jobs Details:
Our Public Sector client is seeking a results-oriented leader with related experience in web coordination, technology and communications. While working with a diverse team, you will responsible for the design, delivery and implementation of specific website initiatives and services providing web strategy, development, administration
- Manage the development and delivery of web- based communications services for specific policy and program initiatives. Implement approved communications plans.
- Recommend, design and implement digital strategies for specific corporate initiatives or business units. Counsel business units on web content and approaches to support their business needs and objectives.
- Liaise with IT, the Web Publishing team and vendors to coordinate content, design architecture and work flow of above projects. Develop processes and policies in support of effective web management.
- Source and organize communications materials, including text, photography, videos, and illustrations for the web. Ensure that all content meets organizational standards and maintaining editorial consistency.
- Ensure that content furthers corporate themes and messages, co-ordinating with SMEs to ensure accuracy and appropriate approvals processes are in place.
- Work with Information Technology (IT) group and vendors to plan, design, develop, deploy and maintain the client’s Funding site. Coordinate archiving of materials. Audit, create, delete or maintain links to other sites. Monitor and report site usage and statistics.
- Develop testing and measurement techniques to evaluate effectiveness of the web sites and recommend follow-up strategies and alternative communication techniques for future projects.
- Monitor incoming e-mail for web services. Prepare responses or direct inquiries to appropriate employees for clarification.
- Perform regular audits of corporate website, intranet and other sites to ensure information is current and in compliance with corporate objectives and industry standards. Identify potential future content and functional needs, ensuring that web properties are aligned as corporate activities and initiatives evolve.
- Perform front end web development in conjunction with IT for web applications, new functionality or website upgrade implementation using HTML, CSS, jQuery and other technologies
- Review and assess various digital software and tools to support the web redevelopment or service improvements.
- Troubleshoot and, where appropriate, resolve web site performance and inline issues – as well as refer issues to IT ensuring follow up and resolution.
- Train colleagues on the use of the Content Management System and other digital tools used by the Web Publishing team.
- Ensure compliance with AODA standards and training staff on legislation requirements.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years related experience in web coordination, technology and communications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Communications, Digital Media, Computer Science etc.
- Ability to speak, write and present information in a clear, courteous manner and listen actively
- Strong web development and web design knowledge preferred
- Advanced knowledge of and skill in utilizing personal computers and MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems, such as Sitecore
- Strong understanding of user interfaces, intuitive navigation schemes, search engines and different browser constraints
- Strong understanding in presenting text and multimedia content on web sites
- Knowledge of energy sector standards and practices an asset
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills to test, verify application functionality and execute the final quality assurance check and recommend changes to applications
- Aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail
- Highly developed customer service and people skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility; hands-on style in an organization with continually shifting priorities
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to organize and manage concurrent projects with multiple, competing priorities and rigid and demanding deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to adapt readily to new procedures and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive business relationships (internal and external) through well-developed communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with staff at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a productive member of a team in a relatively flat organization
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is one of North America's leading consulting and project recruitment firms. As a Certified B Corporation (www.bcorporation.net/ianmartingroup) our company meets comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, the community, and the environment. Our guiding statement is: "building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin family includes IME, IMT and IMIT – experts in engineering, telecom and information technology respectively
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.