Wastewater Technician Iii Jobs Vacancy in Parsons Faro
Parsons Faro urgently required following position for Wastewater Technician Iii. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Wastewater Technician Iii Jobs Vacancy in Parsons Faro Jobs Details:
Abandoned Mine Opportunities - Faro, Yukon
Water Treatment Operator - Trainee
Parsons has been successful in winning environmental and mining projects in Northern Canada and will be aggressively pursuing additional northern projects. We are a world-class leader in providing in-depth engineering, construction, technical, and management services. Our employees deliver landmark commercial, industrial, environmental, energy, power, and renewable infrastructure - and provide innovative solutions to complex environmental, water quality, supply, treatment, watershed, and wastewater projects. We hire colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on solving project challenges in a high-energy environment. Parsons is helping to build a healthier and more sustainable world.
The Water Treatment Operator Trainee plays a crucial role in the successful operation and maintenance of all water treatment plant equipment and related water storage and conveyance facilities at the Faro Mine Complex (FMC). As a water treatment operator trainee you will perform a variety of various functions that may include the following:
- Operation of water treatment facilities
- Monitoring of dams, spillways and other water steams
- Manage support equipment including pumps and piping
- Work four-on four-off 12-hour shifts
- Complete timely and accurate daily records of plant and pumping performance
- Conduct daily site inspection and record observations.
- Notify Management of any issues relating to the water treatment process, pumps and pipelines
- Maintain a high standard of house-keeping at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Willingness to take initiative and be self motivated.
- Willingness to accept accountability for their work.
- Understanding of time management.
- Capable of the safe handling of lime and other chemicals.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Ability to lift up to 20 kg.
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Familiar with computer skills -Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proven understanding of safe work practices and mitigating risk.
- Ability to work with little supervision and function in a multidiscipline environment.