Landscape Technician Jobs Vacancy in Western Landscape Services Ltd Kingston
Western Landscape Services Ltd Kingston urgently required following position for Landscape Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Landscape Technician Jobs Vacancy in Western Landscape Services Ltd Kingston Jobs Details:
Who We Are
Western Landscape Services Ltd. is a leading full service Design/Build and Property Maintenance company. We pride ourselves in superior customer service, quality products, and a positive work environment. We hire dedicated, reliable, self-motivated individuals who have a genuine interest in the landscape industry. Since 1973, Western Landscape Services Ltd. has established itself as an innovative company in Kingston and surrounding areas that promotes sustainable landscapes and an ethical approach to caring for the environment. Safety of our employees is our number one priority. Western Landscape Services Ltd. is a past member of Kingston Partners for a Safe Community safety group and is in good standing with WSIB. We believe it is our team that makes the difference.
What We Offer
We provide a professional, safe, and positive work environment that facilitates constant development, growth, and supports anything that can enhance industry knowledge.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Group Health Benefits
- Leading edge on-the-job training
- Excellent Health and Safety program
- Training and Education programs
What We Expect
- Individuals with positive, self-motivation and a commitment to high quality.
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace safety, team work, and excellent customer service.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations and adapt to new situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment be physically fit, and able to deal with long hours and weather conditions.
- Ability to be self-directed after being given oral and/or written directions/instructions.
- Clean Driver’s Record and Clear Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) .
- Follow the Internal Responsibility System by following company safety procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure.
- Ability to communicate with fellow team members and with customers in a positive and professional way.
- Preference will be considered for applicants having college or university training in Horticulture/Agriculture (but not required).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Trim/prune trees and shrubs as per accepted pruning practices.
- Ordering, organizing, pick up and delivery of all plant materials to job sites for maintenance and design/build teams.
- Maintenance of nursery stock in yard.
- Schedule, organize, delegate, and oversee and assistance of planting through to successful completion.
- Communications (verbal and written) between the client, the office and the outside operation.
- Pond service and maintenance.
- Installation and service of pond lighting systems.
- Handling plant warrantee service calls and general landscape service calls.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace safety, team work, a systems approach and excellent client service.
- High level of knowledge in all aspects of design/build and maintenance with excellent communication and record keeping skills.
- Must have excellent knowledge of plant materials and be familiar with nursery operations.
- Excellent knowledge of the maintenance of planting flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Good horticultural knowledge with a variety of plant identification.
- Must have a valid drivers licence.
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscape Technician: 3 years
- High school or equivalent
- Kingston, ON
Required license or certification:
- Driver's Licence