Customer Service Representative Full Time Jobs Vacancy in City Mississauga Mississauga
City Mississauga Mississauga urgently required following position for Customer Service Representative Full Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customer Service Representative Full Time Jobs Vacancy in City Mississauga Mississauga Jobs Details:
Have a passion for customer service? Come join our team!
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Transit Customer Service, the successful candidate:
- Uses a variety of resources, tools and methods to provide accurate, timely and complete information to customers; over the telephone and digital channels
- Address customer inquiries regarding trip planning and schedules on a first contact resolution basis using tact and diplomacy
- Using a variety of tools and methods, identify and assess customers' needs to provide best possible travel plans and responses to general transit related inquires
- Stays up to date and informed of service changes to the network and incidental service disruptions by using internal communication channels (ie Hastus, Kb, intranet, etc.)
- Provide customer service over the telephone and through social media channels that may require long periods of standing and/or sitting
- Must attend and actively participate in all scheduled team meetings
- Must attend scheduled training sessions to build knowledge, skill and ability to perform functions of the job
- Perform self-evaluation and work with Supervisor/Team Leader to create action plan for professional development
- Perform lead hand duties as may be assigned
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Must have completed minimum Grade 12 education; Post-Secondary education preferred
- Minimum 5 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced work environment is required;
- Proven ability to understand, speak and write English in order to communicate effectively with the public using tact and diplomacy is required;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in core competencies including; customer service, communication, team work, decision making, adaptability, initiative/self-management and accountability;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work collaboratively in a team environment by sharing information and in seeking resolution to problems;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills along with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence, quality and client communication;
- Strong research skills to source information from multiple sources is required;
- Strong written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate using digital tools
- Strong organizational skill with ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Strong attention to detail is required to ensure accurate information is given to customers for traveling;
- Proficient in MS office and ability to work on related computer programs and software is required;
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, early mornings, evenings and holidays is required in a 7-day operation;
- Good knowledge of the City of Mississauga and the transit system is preferred.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary: $43,495 as per Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Number of Openings: 1 Full-time
Work Location: 3484 Semenyk Court, Mississauga, ON
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .