Activity Worker Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army Buchanan Lodge New Westminster
The Salvation Army Buchanan Lodge New Westminster urgently required following position for Activity Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Activity Worker Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army Buchanan Lodge New Westminster Jobs Details:
Buchanan Lodge is a faith-based home providing elders receive holistic and spiritual care and our mission is to provide our residents the finest care optimizing the health, safety and dignity of the residents in our care.
We are currently looking for a positive and energetic Activity Worker II, reports to Recreation and Volunteer Coordinator and/or designate.
- Carries out resident activity programs such as arts and crafts, sports, music, woodworking, cooking, gardening, exercises, dinner parties and outside bus trips. Sets up and organizes equipment for all activity projects and calendar of events.
- Carries out resident activity programs outside the facility. Ensures that the resident has appropriate clothing and the necessary equipment for the activity including medications, confirms the details of the proposed activity with the Nursing Team Leaders [RN/RPN and/or LPN] and/or Clinical Care Coordinator, coordinates the movement of residents during these activities and teaches the residents in their understanding of the activity.
- Provides direction to volunteer[s] in their understanding of related techniques during activity programs.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, tools and materials and reports malfunctioning supplies to the appropriate personnel.
- Provides input and feedback at care conferences.
- Transports one or more passengers by operating vehicles such as vans and/or buses with seating capacities of between 11 and 25 passengers including the driver.
- Performs a variety of routine inspection/maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning, checking belts, lights and tires and maintaining fluid levels; recommends vehicle and/or equipment repairs as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 and recognized Recreational courses such as Handi crafts plus two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A valid class 4 vehicle license [unrestricted]
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to teach
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- High school or equivalent