Project Engineer Architect Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo
Region Waterloo Waterloo urgently required following position for Project Engineer Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Engineer Architect Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo Jobs Details:
Manages, directs, controls and administers the design, construction and commissioning of major construction projects and recommends acceptance of building components to ensure timely, environmentally safe, cost effective, and acceptable building construction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of engineering and/or architecture, normally acquired through a degree in applied science, engineering, or architecture, with practical knowledge and experience in engineering and/or architecture methods and administration, contract law, and budget preparation and monitoring, in a project management environment.
- Membership or eligibility for membership as a Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario; or registration or eligibility for membership as an Architect with the Ontario Architects Association.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with policies and procedures, and federal and provincial Ministry guidelines and legislation (e.g., health and safety, construction liens, environmental), Canadian Standards, contract law, building codes, fire and insurance regulations, forms of agreement, and industry standards.
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to manage projects simultaneously, identify difficulties and workable solutions, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Communication, human relations, and negotiation skills to administer contracts; coordinate projects, discuss costs and payments; collaborate with members of project teams; present to Committees, and area municipalities, including public consultation sessions; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to prepare written and visual materials for public meetings. Ability to write project correspondence, reports, contracts, agreements, and project definition reports. Ability to read and interpret manuals, professional journals, design specifications, contracts, reports, legal documents, and memos.
- Computer skills with ability to use software, such as Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Ability to participate in an official standby/on-call rotation to respond to legislated or time sensitive demands beyond regularly scheduled work hours.
- Ability to travel to within Waterloo Region.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.