Administrative Assistant Council Services Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo
Region Waterloo Waterloo urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Council Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Council Services Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo Jobs Details:
Provides clerical and administrative support to the Director and other divisional management staff. Supervises a Licensing & Enforcement Services Clerk. Occasionally trains temporary clerical staff and students.
- Knowledge of office and administrative procedures and protocols, and basic accounting principles dealing with numbers and financial data, normally acquired through a post-secondary education in a related field (e.g., Business, Administration), plus related progressively responsible experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, and related legislation (e.g., accessibility, privacy).
- Organizational and problem solving skills to facilitate/arrange meetings, coordinate divisional events, create operational plans, coordinate computer replacements, respond to simultaneous demands, shift priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently to complete projects.
- Ability to understand database workflow processes to ensure computer requirements align with administrative service delivery.
- Communication and human relations skills to handle records that are sensitive and personal; handle confidential assignments including the preparation of Closed Council agendas; determine customer needs and provide service to the public and staff; exchange information with other municipalities; train and support divisional administrative staff regarding administrative practices; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read reference materials and procedure manuals. Ability to develop clerical procedures; compose, proofread, and edit correspondence, documents, agendas, minutes, Council reports, and attachments; complete forms and records; write instructions; and post materials on website.
- Computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office, and program related databases.
- Ability to travel within Waterloo Region.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date May 30, 2018 quoting competition number 2018-1452, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.