Front Desk Receptionist Jobs Vacancy in Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home Toronto
Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home Toronto urgently required following position for Front Desk Receptionist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Front Desk Receptionist Jobs Vacancy in Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home Toronto Jobs Details:
Provides courteous and efficient telephone, reception and clerical support to all clients and assists with clerical duties in the Home.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to assess correctly the implications and effectiveness of new ideas, and concepts before making decisions.
- Assists in the production and distribution of the Home’s communiqués under the direction of the Administrative/Nursing Assistant/delegate.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written skills
- Ensures that posters, notices are up-to-date, attractively displayed and easy for residents, employees and families to read.
- Maintains and updates Home
- Assists with word processing of all departments.
- Updates and distributes monthly audits/lists (i.e. classification, lists, etc.).
- Uses a variety of forums to communicate effectively with employees, external agencies, residents and families.
- Initiates resident face sheet on admission with updates as needed.
- Courteous and efficient answering of telephone.
- Receives telephone and verbal messages and delivers direct to voicemail.
- Monitors front entrances, north and south alarm panel for any residents entering and existing the building.
- Communicates with fire monitoring station
- Maintains public information binder.
- Prepares new resident files/charts and forwards information to the appropriate unit and Social Services Coordinator.
- Participates in the Home’s wide quality improvement activities.
- Assists with clerical filing as requested.
- Maintains active records management (i.e. resident files and personnel files)
- Ensure quality activities are carried through by reception.
- Conducts monthly audits of evacuation face sheet binder and emergency lighting equipment.
- Conduct monthly audits of wander guard bracelets.
- Required to understand the nature and meaning of quality indicators used by the Home and to understand which indicators are publicly reported.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Continuing educational courses in areas related to position summary an asset.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Demonstrates expedient data entry skills.
- Sense of responsibility, integrity and confidentiality.
- A minimum of one (1) year prior experience in a similar job capacity
- Ability to handle multiple incoming telephone lines and multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (calculator, photocopier, postage meter, fax machine, etc.)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact efficiently and courteously with residents, public, employees and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate care in use of supplies and equipment, and the ability to maintain neat work area.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be level headed and calm in emergencies.
- Second language an asset.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent