Medical Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Terra Nova Medical Clinic Richmond
Terra Nova Medical Clinic Richmond urgently required following position for Medical Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Terra Nova Medical Clinic Richmond Jobs Details:
Terra Nova Medical is a Family Practice and Walk-in-Clinic. Our team supports 4 busy family physicians, a general surgeon, and a dermatologist.
We are currently hiring a full-time, energetic Medical Office Assistant to join our team! The ideal candidate for this role is a successful team player with experience multitasking in a dynamic, fast- paced work environment, and has open availability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service both in person and over the phone.
- Confident when welcoming, greeting, assisting clients/patients and giving them direction
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments, schedule clients for tests and follow up appointments.
- Receive and make phone calls, fax and email, referral management
- Receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Maintain accurate electronic medical records-update address, phone number, measure vitals height and weight
- Performing office related duties both clerical and administrative, to ensure services are provided in an efficient and effective manner
- Coordinate client care through Institute, waiting room and exam room
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prepare and coordinate clients consultations, laboratory, x-ray and other diagnostic tests ordered by physician
- Coordinate submitting referrals to specialists offices and hospital
- Assist in assessing the quality of patient/client care
- Follow Institute guidelines, protocols and participate in making new ones
- Other duties that may be assigned as required
Qualifications and Skills
Medical Office Assistant Diploma Certificate preferred, but not mandatory
- Fluent in English
- 1-2 years MOA experience preferred, but not necessary
- Familiarity with OSCAR/ Jumo EMR is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel, although more extensive computer knowledge is an asset. Minimum 45 words per minute typing speed with high accuracy.
Job Type: Full-time
- MOA: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- Richmond, BC