Senior Financial Services Representative Small Businesses Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Toronto
- Senior Financial Services Representative Small Businesses
- Toronto ON
- 06 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Cibc Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Financial Services Representative Small Businesses. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Financial Services Representative Small Businesses Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Toronto Jobs Details:
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it. To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com What You’ll Be Doing You’ll work in a fast-paced Banking Centre where you’ll have a meaningful impact on the lives of our clients. As a Senior Financial Services Representative, Small Business, you’ll build relationships with clients, understand their goals, provide tailored service, and recommend the right products and solutions that will enable their financial success. How You’ll Succeed
- Client Engagement – Meet with clients to understand their priorities, advise them on solutions, and provide a forward-looking financial plan. Use your knowledge of cash management, credit, investment and wealth protection to help clients meet their goals.
- Relationship Building - Engage in marketing and outreach activities to show clients you value them and their communities. Grow your network, deepen existing relationships, and collaborate with others to ensure clients are connected to the right people and opportunities.
- Leveraging Technology - Become a technology expert. Share your knowledge by introducing clients to our mobile banking applications, enabling them to better manage their banking needs.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You’re driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You’re passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing Mutual Funds License (Canadian Securities Course or Investment Funds In Canada).
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Perform activities to deliver an exceptional client experience to Core clients with personal needs and more complex small business needs
- Fulfill small business and personal solutions identified through Financial Health Check conversations
- Proactively call and book appointments with clients to ensure client needs are met
- Mentor employees to develop small business capability
- Make referrals to partners
- Act as Branch Manager during his/her absence
- Demonstrate a strong code of ethics while adhering to and protecting client privacy
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends