Funding Officer Jobs Vacancy in Cameron Stephens Mortgage Capital Toronto
Cameron Stephens Mortgage Capital Toronto urgently required following position for Funding Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Funding Officer Jobs Vacancy in Cameron Stephens Mortgage Capital Toronto Jobs Details:
Cameron Stephens Mortgage Capital Ltd, (“CSMC”) is a leading non-bank lender with offices in Toronto Calgary and Vancouver. The company has a committed loan book of over $ 1 billion, with over $ 750 million currently funded. Eighty percent of the loans are funded by institutional investors at institutional interest rates and the remaining 20% of the loans are funded by private investors. The company specializes in commercial real estate loans, particularly within the area of land development loans, construction loans, and commercial mortgages. The company employs 30+ people across the country, with the bulk at its head office in Toronto.
We are currently seeking experienced, versatile, and personable individuals to fill various openings in our Funding Department. Funding Officer and Senior Funding Officer positions will commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a growing professional team.
Reporting to the Funding Manager/AVP Loan Servicing, the incumbent will be responsible for: funding and administering captive term and construction loans, processing financial and non-financial transactions, ensuring data records are accurately maintained, identifying credit risks and ensuring loan security is in place/retained in the face of changing conditions, as well as providing exceptional customer service to Investors, Brokers, and Borrowers.
Funding Single and Multiple Loan Commercial and Construction Projects
- Collect, review, and verify loan documentation and funding information from various stakeholders and third parties
- Analyze, verify, and amend Cost Consultant’s (“CC”) reports to determine current “Work in Place” (“WIP”) and “Cost to Complete” (“CTC”) amounts
- Calculate and recommend draw amounts, holdbacks, and third party disbursements to ensure correct allowable draw amount is authorized
- Monitor and arrange flow of cash funds between various stakeholders and third parties to meet funding deadlines
Maintaining Financial and Non-Financial Databases
- Determine deal structure from various document sources, interpret unique aspects of various product types, and set up loan facilities to allow all aspects of the loan to be monitored and accurately reported, for use by other stakeholders and CSMC data users
- Collect, review, and report on lot/unit agreements of purchase and sales. Verify net sales proceeds are sufficient to repay the loan
- Update systems and databases to ensure Account Management and Capital Management have reliable information to make underwriting, account management, and investment decisions
Identifying Credit Risks and Maintaining Loan Security
- Identify and report credit issues/risks to Funding Manager/AVP Loan Servicing to avoid, prevent, or reduce loan defaults and losses
- Monitor defaults and delinquencies and follow up with Borrowers for outstanding amounts
- Ensure mortgage security is in place at initial funding and that additional security is taken as loan/project conditions change
- Ensure funds are not diverted to the Borrower or subsequent mortgage holders or security is not inadvertently or prematurely released
Developing Relationships with Clients and Service Providers
- Direct, service, and nurture broker/client relationships while protecting CSMC and Investor interests
- Deliver services as contracted, manage Investor expectations, and protect confidentiality of Investor loan information to ensure client satisfaction,
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous industry experience in a similar role with an emphasis on commercial and construction loans
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Commerce, or related filed
- Must be proficient with and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
If you are interested in joining a growing firm with a real entrepreneurial spirit, please forward your resume to the address provided with the subject line “Funding Officer”
*Please do not contact the company directly*
We thank you for your interest in the available positions! Only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.
Job Type: Full-time