Datacenter Technician Multiple Shifts Jobs Vacancy in Cologix Toronto
Cologix Toronto urgently required following position for Datacenter Technician Multiple Shifts. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Datacenter Technician Multiple Shifts Jobs Vacancy in Cologix Toronto Jobs Details:
Cologix, Inc. is a network neutral interconnection and data center company headquartered in Denver, Colorado that provides massively
scalable interconnection services and secure, reliable colocation services in densely connected, strategically located facilities in Columbus,
Dallas, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Minneapolis, Montreal, Northern New Jersey, Toronto and Vancouver. With more than 450 network choices
and 24 prime interconnection locations, Cologix currently serves over 1,600 carrier, managed services, cloud, media, content, financial
services and enterprise customers. The company’s experienced team of communications infrastructure professionals is committed to
providing i ts customers the highest standard of l ocal customer support.
JOB TITLE: Datacenter Technician M ultiple Shifts POSTED D ATE: September 1 8, 2 017
The D atacenter Technician i s responsible for the daily o perations and maintenance o f t he D atacenter. Performs or
delegates all tasks a ssociated with the installation, a cceptance and maintenance o f a v ariety of
Telecommunication e quipment. Responsibilities r ange from i nstallation o f cabinets, equipment, a nd c ross-connects,
performing remote hands r equests, a nd m anaging vendor maintenance of all critical i nfrastructure equipment.
Project installation, t esting and troubleshooting of Telecommunication i nfrastructure c omponents including but
not limited to L adder r ack, Fiber Guide, MDF, IDF, s witches, r outers and related cabling.
151 F ront Street West
COMPANY JOB LOCATION: Telecommunications
Toronto, O N M5J4N2 INDUSTRY:
Telecom I nstallation a nd JOB ROLE: JOINING D ATE: As soon as p ossible
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt Employee
COMPENSATION: Hourly R ate Negotiable No
• Data Center
WORK ENVIRONMENT Lifts
• Works in a standard office environment utilizing s tandard o ffice equipment
• Works in t eam and individual environments
PLEASE S END APPLICATION TO:
NAME: Ishant Miglani EMAIL: Ishant.Miglani@cologix.com
ADDRESS: 156 F ront Street W est CITY: Toronto
PROVINCE: ON ZIP/POSTAL CODE: M5J4N2
PHONE: 647.985.2657 FAX:
If s ubmitting via email, please reference, “” in t itle o f email
EXTERNAL URL: www.cologix.com
Cologix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, r eligion, sex, national origin, sexual o rientation, disability, or veteran status.
Page 1 o f 2
ESSENTIAL R ESPONSIBILITIES:
· Expert working knowledge of copper (UTP, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a) and fiber o ptic media types, (MMF, SMF, 50
micron, 62.5 micron), industry standards a nd applications, a nd use cases (e.g., E thernet, Fiber Channel,
· Installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC12 services, and equipment in s upport of n etwork and
customer requirements. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs customer and network circuit’s
· Install cable runs, patch panels and cross connects. Performs cable lacing as per the Datacenter standards
· Significant hands-on experience with the installation of both copper and fiber media types.
· Expert working knowledge with cable testing s ystems to e nsure operational integrity.
· Expert working k nowledge of troubleshooting both copper and fiber c able media. (E.g. dB loss, Attenuation,
Breaks, Termination Problems, Transmission Characteristics).
· Working knowledge of Fluke test equipment
· Understanding of network layouts, Cisco hardware and layer 1 topologies
· Working knowledge with Data Center N etwork Hardware (Ethernet, Fiber Channel interfaces)
· Working k nowledge of pertinent I SO Standards associated with Data Center Cable Infrastructure re including
· Execute customers’ support requests ranging from server reboot to complex telecommunication equipment
troubleshooting and updates order management system
· Responsible to lead the troubleshooting process and repairs in case of events or equipment failure providing
recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of such events
· Monitors and responds to security, environmental, equipment monitoring systems
· Takes readings off of equipment ( Electrical and Cooling) and maintains the related r eports
· Manage and t rack capacity of MMR, MDF, IDF, patch panels and cables.
· Maintain detailed site documentation of c ustomer cross-connects and power circuits for provisioning
· Available for rotating 7/24 on-call support and flexible shift s cheduling
Qualifications & E xperience
• BCSI Technician Credential Preferred
• Minimum 2-3 y ears’ experience i n similar critical facilities
• High School Diploma
• AMP ACT I & ACT II C ertified
• Electrical certifications a plus
• Needs t o have functional knowledge of Inside P lant (ISP) disciplines; fiber optic and electrical cabling,
labeling a nd lacing conforming to Telecom industry standards. Strong technical and m echanical
background with experience o n the latest generation transport gear, critical infrastructure (Generators,
HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, D C Power Plants, etc.) found in Telecommunications
• Knowledge of VISIO, MS Office
• Analytical troubleshooting
• Ability to follow specified p olicies and procedures
• Excellent written a nd verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working in a fast paced 2 4*7 e nvironment with flexibility to work after-hours and weekends
• Autonomous with team spirit
Page 2 o f 2