Quality Inspector Welding Jobs Vacancy in Sms Equipment Inc Fort McMurray
Sms Equipment Inc Fort McMurray urgently required following position for Quality Inspector Welding. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Quality Inspector Welding Jobs Vacancy in Sms Equipment Inc Fort McMurray Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Welding Superintendent, this position is responsible for implementing and maintaining quality programs. The welding inspections involve adhering to standard quality operational policies and procedures, and ensuring they align with legislation & customer specifications. Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining QA control documentation
- Promoting quality performance improvement across the department
- Engaging staff to incorporate quality methods into their work
- Inspecting and reviewing product material, weld quality and testing to ensure compliance with Code Standards
- Identifying and controlling all non-conformance while correcting with remedial action
- Ensuring quality control documentation is compiled and completed in a timely matter
- Collaborating with client-facing QA representatives to ensure full customer satisfaction on completed work
- Performing internal QA audits that are compliant with company policies, practices, and procedures
- Participating in lessons learned process and drive proposed changes that will enhance project success
- A thorough knowledge of maintenance, repair and fabrication of mining equipment
- 3-5 years of experience with quality assurance
- Experience in metallurgical engineering or materials engineering is an asset
- Experience with multiple disciplines (Structural steel, Welding, Fitting, and Machining)
- Welding Engineering Technology (WET) completion is considered an asset
- CWB Level 1 or 2 Inspector certification
- 2 to 5 years direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines and associated standards
- Experience with weld-mapping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to implement quality improvement initiatives for all shop deliverables
Please note this position is Monday-Friday and will require applicants to be local or relocate to Fort McMurray. Camp is not provided, but the position offers a regional and travel allowance.