Performance Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Elastic Path Toronto
Elastic Path Toronto urgently required following position for Performance Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Performance Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Elastic Path Toronto Jobs Details:
Performance Engineer in Product Development
Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At Elastic Path we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to Be Remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment.
Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world’s most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company’s flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world’s biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software, and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.
A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breathtaking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away.
What to expect as Elastic Path’s Performance Engineer?
At Elastic Path, Performance Engineers work in a very dynamic environment where energy and ideas are always valued. You will NOT be another brick in the wall.
We are a collaborative team of release, cloud, and performance engineers within the larger product development team. As a part of the team, you will be exposed to all aspects of the technology and infrastructure stack that have an impact on system performance. You will have an opportunity to improve performance and scalability by influencing application design and architecture.
Once you join our team, you will be accountable for achieving realistic yet challenging goals:
- Ensure overall performance, reliability, and scalability as demand for our product and customer size grows
- Design and implement performance test plans and test cases for new and existing functionality in a variety of load testing tools, both open-source and commercially available
- Analyze test results and make tactical and strategic recommendations to improve performance and scalability via architecture, infrastructure, and software designs
- Based on current and predicted system performance trends, ensure our commerce platform meets performance SLA targets
- Work with our Professional Services and Support teams on customer-related performance issues
- Be available, when we need to address customer Sev 1 / Production down / issues
What impact will you have?
- You are an effective team player, who is an integral part of our Performance Engineering team, however, you also can work independently with a “can-do” attitude.
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people.
- You think of simple answers to complex problems.
- You know that performance testing is critical to any successful software project.
- You’ve read Release It by Nygard like 11 times.
- You are someone who enjoys stress testing a system to its knees and see it fall over. Then find out why.
- You are an excellent problem solver, technical analyst, troubleshooter and debugger
- You are a full stack kind of person. You appreciate a client’s request from mouse-click to hard disk access.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- A computer science degree or equivalent education experience
- 3-7 years of performance engineering or related fields
- 2-3 years of Java programming
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Java and the JVM
- Strong Linux skills
- Languages and scripting languages: Java, Python, Bash, SQL, JSON, YAML
- Apache JMeter
- APMs like Introscope, Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, AppDynamics
- Experience operating production sites and dealing with the weird thing customers do
- Experience troubleshooting severity 1 site-outages and complex bugs
- Experience stress and performance testing websites to ensure they’ll stay up on boxing day
- Experience with containers (Docker specifically)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
- Experience with Java application servers, specifically Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases, specifically MySQL, MS SQL Server & Oracle
Bonus Points for…
- Experience with performance testing and analysis of eCommerce sites
- Understanding of ORMs such as Hibernate or OpenJPA
- Experience with security testing
- DBA experience
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Onsite fitness facility, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Two lavish massage chairs. You must try these.
- An awesome view!
An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester, and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.