Primary Care Billing Expert Jobs Vacancy in Doctorcare Vancouver
Doctorcare Vancouver urgently required following position for Primary Care Billing Expert. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Primary Care Billing Expert Jobs Vacancy in Doctorcare Vancouver Jobs Details:
DoctorCare is a group of clinicians and business professionals dedicated to improving healthcare in Ontario. We are the only provider focused exclusively on helping Primary Care Physicians enhance patient care, run better businesses – and improve their own quality of life. Our services focus on enhancing chronic disease management, billing and technology, and clinic workflow, helping 1,000+ family doctors improve the lives of more than 1.5 million patients.
DoctorCare is looking for a “Billing Expert” to help develop and lead a Business Improvement Research Project for primary care physicians in British Columbia. The project will aim to identify improvement areas for family doctors; the improvement opportunities should aim to enhance time efficiency, operational excellence, clinic best practices and patient outcomes. The project will directly address and provide solutions for recurring concerns surrounding billing, EMR, workflow, and scheduling. The project aims to align physicians to provincial initiatives, enhance the overall performance of medical practices and ultimately improve patient care.
The Billing Expert will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Business Improvement Research Project, under the supervision of DoctorCare’s Managing Director. The Billing Expert will have a deep understanding of the primary care system in BC, so they are able to research improvement opportunities, liaise with physicians and ultimately provide recommendations to address major bottlenecks within primary care. The Billing Expert will be expected to handle multiple responsibilities, solve problems, provide leadership and ensure the project meets the ever changing needs of the primary care industry and it’s physicians.
- Research improvement opportunities within primary care
- Develop record of improvement opportunities
- Provide solutions/recommendations based on research
- Liaise with Managing Director on day-to-day basis
- Conduct discovery meetings with physicians
- Manage administrative tasks and documentation for project
- Ensure smooth delivery of project by reporting on progress and KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years experience in a “Billing Consultant” role in Primary Care/Family Medicine
- Deep understanding of the primary care sector in BC:
- Expert knowledge of the different physician contracts & payment methods
- Expert knowledge of the Schedule of Benefits and the primary care billing system
- Demonstrated experience working directly with primary care doctors
- Strong understanding of physician workflow & office workflow needs
- Demonstrated experience using Electronic Medical Records * Resourceful individual with powerful researching skills
- Strategic thinker with a strong ability to arrive at concrete decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication
This is a remote position. While we are located in Toronto, the candidate may work from anywhere. While we appreciate all applications, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full Time, Contract (6 months)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract