Canada Regional Operations Manager Grande Prairie Alberta Jobs Vacancy in Ritchie Bros Auctioneers Grande Prairie
- Canada Regional Operations Manager Grande Prairie Alberta
- Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
- Grande Prairie AB
- 10 Feb, 2018 10 days ago
Ritchie Bros Auctioneers Grande Prairie urgently required following position for Canada Regional Operations Manager Grande Prairie Alberta. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Canada Regional Operations Manager Grande Prairie Alberta Jobs Vacancy in Ritchie Bros Auctioneers Grande Prairie Jobs Details:
Canada - Regional Operations Manager (Grande Prairie, Alberta) - (18000027) Description
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers seeks a dynamic, hands-on leader to be our Regional Operations Manager (ROM) in Grande Prairie.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- Stock Options.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Company vehicle & expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
The ROM will be reporting to the VP, Operations, and working in close collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager, the ROM is accountable for achieving the regional operating budgets while overseeing all operations staff and upholding the highest standards of safety and customer service for the region's permanent and temporary auction sites.
In this role you'll:
- Work collaboratively with other operational business units in Western Canada, including the Western Canada Agriculture Operations group.
- Maintain a high personal visibility within the region’s business community, customers and employees.
- Manage, coordinate and report on financial activities for the region, with responsibility for budget preparation, cost control, people administration, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Foster a culture of clear, direct communication within the region so that roles and responsibilities are understood, inter-region and interdepartmental cooperation is encouraged, employee engagement is maximized, and changes to policy are understood and adopted.
- Manage the performance of direct reports, including work allocation, performance management, coaching, succession planning, career development and compensation.
- Plan and manage all auctions and pre-auction operations activities in the region, including preparation of brochures, sale day catalogs and the schedules for on-call staff.
- Develop, maintain and implement policies, procedures and business processes that provide for safe and efficient operation of the region.
- Oversee and maintain customer service levels, including customer inquiries and resolution of customer issues.
- Plan for all capital assets, including vehicle fleets and building additions.
- Ensure appropriate licenses and permits are obtained and current.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts for the purchase of vendor services.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Lead Ritchie Bros.' Core Values: It’s all about our customers; We have fun; We do what is right; We are one team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the VP Ops.
Here's what you bring:
- 4-year degree in the field of Business Management, Commerce or a related field.
- 5 years of work experience in managing and/or direction operations. Preferred: 10+ years of work experience, where at least 5 years involved managing and/or directing operations - ideally in a sales-driven business environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- The flexibility to work extended overtime and weekends, particularly around auction dates.
- The ability to travel regionally up to 5 nights per month, plus travel internationally once or twice per year.
- The ability to climb up onto and down off of large construction equipment regularly.
- The ability to work outdoors for extended periods.
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Strong business acumen: knowledge of business theory, business processes and operations, management principles and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing business plans to support evolving business goals.
- Strong leadership, management, coaching and change management skills.
- Extensive customer-facing experience and a strong customer service orientation.
- A proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Previous experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A high degree of personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humour or your ability to have fun on the job. This job will require you to:
- Travel throughout the region as business requires.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Climb up and down on large construction equipment regularly.