Specialist Operational Excellence And Food Safety Steritech Jobs Vacancy in The Steritech Group Inc Red Deer
- Specialist Operational Excellence And Food Safety Steritech
- The Steritech Group Inc
- Red Deer AB
- 13 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
The Steritech Group Inc Red Deer urgently required following position for Specialist Operational Excellence And Food Safety Steritech. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialist Operational Excellence And Food Safety Steritech Jobs Vacancy in The Steritech Group Inc Red Deer Jobs Details:
Do you have experience working in restaurant operations, supermarket management or have previous restaurant training experience but want to do something NEW? Do you want to stay in the hospitality field but are tired of managing others? Do you like to travel? Have a knack for training others? If you answered yes, our Quality Management Specialist position may be a great career opportunity for you! Apply today to learn more!
Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management in North America. We serve more than 60,000 clients, and pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of service excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services. The successful candidate will have a passion for customer care, high level knowledge of food operations and food safety, plus the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our people are our most important asset. We hire highly talented individuals, challenge them, treat them with respect, and provide them with the tools, training, and opportunities they need to succeed. You have the opportunity to travel, meet new people and make an impact every day.
- Performing food safety and brand standards audits in retail settings, including restaurants/food service and supermarkets
- Consulting with clients on issues observed during inspections
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Facilitating communication of food safety and brand standard information to clients
- Utilizing problem solving and judgment to provide clients with ways to solve concerns and avoid future problems
- Educating clients regarding issue resolution, the science of why problems occur and best practices to avoid problems
- Understanding quality and flavour profiles, including tasting
- Observing cooking, preparatory processes and clean-up to ensure proper practices, safety and customer satisfaction
- Evaluating, in a direct manner, customer experiences with clients - Promptly completing and submitting assigned reports
- Regularly improving and learning through online and in-field training - Consistently traveling daily throughout the assigned territory
- The QMS must maintain a company-issued service vehicle and service equipment in excellent condition
- Travel is required; Up to 50% or 10 days a month - Most travel occurs within an assigned territory with opportunities to assist in other territories periodically
- Weekend and evening work will occasionally be required
- Bilingualism in English/French is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in a Science OR - Bachelor's degree (other than a Science) with at least two (2) years of experience in food service or food-related work OR - 2-year degree or Diploma with at least four (4) years progressive experience in food service or food-related work OR - High School Diploma/GED and at least five (5) years progressive experience in food service or food-related work
- Degrees in Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts a plus
Driver Abstract requirements (Offers are contingent upon verification of driver abstract checks):
- A valid driver's license for the last three years - Maximum of three (3) violations and no major violations in the last three (3) years.
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools is required
- This position requires travel up to 50%. Candidates must be willing to travel by car on a daily basis and by plane as needed. Travel expenses and hotel accommodations are provided.
- This position also requires evening and weekend work, per round requirements
- Experience in food service management preferred
- Foodsafe or SmartServe certificate is a plus
- Consistent travel experience in a current or previous position a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must be well organized and comfortable working independently
- Strong technical knowledge of food safety is preferred
Additional information: Job preview:
The hired person conducts audits that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry and proprietary brand standards for clients in the restaurant, hotel, supermarket and health care industries. In many cases, the Specialist uses best practices and experience to work with a client in a way that goes past auditing and addresses root cause and business solutions. The Specialist has the unique opportunity to work in evaluating food prep and cooking standards, while ensuring food safety and sanitation practices are being upheld. Ensuring brand standards, food quality and friendly service are consistently executed every time will in turn ensure customer loyalty and satisfaction.
What we provide?
- leading industry with career advancement opportunities
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and, Employee Assistance program.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and Personal time
- Company Vehicle and cell phone
- In house online training
Steritech is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Steritech is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.