Community Market Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Crc Toronto
Crc Toronto urgently required following position for Community Market Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Market Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Crc Toronto Jobs Details:
Position: Summer Student
Hours: 33.5 hours per week for 10 weeks
Supervisor: Good Food Market Team Lead
The CRC is an innovative, impactful, collaborative mid-sized, multiservice agency that has proudly served the Regent Park and surrounding neighbourhood for over 50 years. In 2012, the CRC opened a beautiful new building and a new chapter in its history. Our building has a 5000 square foot community hub of program space and we host the only not-for-profit social housing in Regent Park. We are home to the Regent Park Community Food Centre (RPCFC), one of 8 Community Food Centres established across the country in partnership with Community Food Centres Canada. Food Centres are dynamic community spaces where people come together to cook, grow, share, and advocate for good food. The CRC works with low-income community members to build capacity to change situations and conditions for the better, both in their own lives and in the wider community.
The Good Food Market Assistant will support the success of “Taste of Regent Park”, a weekly community festival of food and culture that takes place Wednesday evenings in July and August. This event creates an opportunity for the diverse residents of the revitalized Regent Park to mix and share their culture, food, and skills. Local caterers and vendors prepare and sell their wares in a fun and family friendly environment that is affordable and accessible to all without stigma. This role will provide assistance with all aspects of delivering a weekly community event – setup, vendor and volunteer coordination, entertainment, and evaluation. In addition, the Assistant will take a leadership role overseeing social media and promotion of the event, as well as developing family friendly activities to take place each week. This person will play an indispensable role ensuring that local community members, media, and people across the city are aware of the event, and ensuring that there are fun and engaging activities made available to all members of the community.
- Support the overall delivery of Taste of Regent Park, working with Manager to ensure setup and take down of the event
- Support communication with vendors and community volunteers as needed by the Coordinator
- Oversee social media for Taste of Regent Park promoting vendors, upcoming activities, and liaising with partner agencies online
- Work as point person for media and outreach to promote the event within and beyond the Regent Park community
- Lead the design and delivery of children’s programming to take place at Taste of Regent Park (games and activities supporting learning about food, environment, arts and recreation)
- Partner with other agencies to support the development of park-based activities for other age groups, including seniors and adults (exercise, arts and games in the park)
- Provide support for other event outreach (public outreach, meeting minutes, postering, administration)
- Supervise and direct volunteers as needed
- Participate as CRC team member
- Social media and demonstrated verbal and written communications experience
- Experience working with children
- Experience with organizing public events an asset
- Experience in social service / community sector an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively with people of diverse backgrounds who experience poverty/ discrimination
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak a language relevant to the Regent Park neighbourhood is an asset (Chinese, Bengali, Tamil, Vietnamese, Somali or other)
- Familiarity with the Regent Park neighbourhood as asset
A Vulnerable Sectors Police Reference Check will be required for this position.
Due to funding requirements, candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age, registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year, and intending to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year. Internationally registered students are not eligible.
This position will be a member of CRC Local #2864.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one Word or pdf document, with “Community Market Assistant” in the subject of your email, by Friday May 18, 2018 at noon.
CRC encourages applications from people representing the diverse community we serve. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CRC will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract