Traffic Planning Technologist Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Traffic Planning Technologist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Traffic Planning Technologist Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Reviews and analyzes planning applications, e.g. zoning by-law amendments, site plan control, plan of subdivision, Committee of Adjustment, etc., to ensure that required transportation facilities and infrastructure have been identified. Recommends alterations to proposals from a transportation safety, efficiency and adequacy perspective
- Ensures that development proposals can accommodate parking and loading by coordinating their requirements during the development review process
- Conducts site visits or field investigations to develop recommendations regarding safety and efficiency improvements on roads and development sites
- Liaises with other sections in Transportation Services, other City Divisions, Agencies/Boards/Commissions, external stakeholders and other government agencies in the context of performing development application review
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes and formulates comments on Transportation Impact Studies
- Conducts studies and prepares reports pertaining to development and redevelopment proposals
- Represents the Division on transportation or planning studies being conducted by developers or the City
- Attends meetings with members of the public, developers and their agents, Councillors and other City staff to represent the Traffic Planning Section
- Responds to enquiries from the public, City staff, members of Council, interest groups and government agencies regarding development applications, policies, by-laws, procedures and related legislation
- Provides input to Servicing Agreements for securing Transportation requirements
- Resolves compliance issues related to developments
- Uses computer software programs to carry out data input, statistical analysis and to summarize results
- Prepares written correspondence on behalf of the Transportation Services Division in response to circulated planning applications, development proposals and Committee of Adjustment applications
- Reviews requests for permanent road closures and road alterations under the Municipal Act and Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, respectively
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
You must also have:
- Knowledge of the municipal planning and development review process, zoning bylaws and the Highway Traffic Act.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours, when required, and to perform traffic surveys.
- Ability to deal with elected officials, the public and staff in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to organize, plan and carry out tasks to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Ontario Statutes, including Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy . You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com , quoting the job ID #2297895 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.