Library Assistant Enterprise Square Branch Jobs Vacancy in Edmonton Public Library Edmonton
Edmonton Public Library Edmonton urgently required following position for Library Assistant Enterprise Square Branch. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Library Assistant Enterprise Square Branch Jobs Vacancy in Edmonton Public Library Edmonton Jobs Details:
Are you a Customer Service Ninja? What do you want to be today? Edmonton Public Library is looking for a fun, agile customer service expert to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic customer service ninja (aka Library Assistant) who enjoys working with the public in a challenging and fast-paced environment. What we're looking for: At EPL our mission is simple: we share! Our Library Assistants are versatile and friendly people who want to make a difference in the community. Helping people is important to them - one minute, they will help a new Canadian find material to learn English, and the next they will offer a preschool storytime and then help a customer download an eBook on their tablet. They answer questions for people of all ages, bending internet-based resources to their will. They are our customer service ambassadors connecting people to the resources they need. They are active in the community and visit schools, daycares and other organizations. They are tech-savvy, curious and eager to share what they know with others. Job Requirements :
- An Information Management/Library Technology diploma or a directly related diploma with significant course content focused on education or community work, or an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of one year's work experience in a library or an environment where customer service is a core focus.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office programs, web-based services and other applications.
- Experience in providing reference services and readers' advisory services is preferred.
- Experience in developing and presenting programs for customers of all ages is required; a particular emphasis on programming for young children is preferred.
- A commitment to upholding the Canadian Federation of Library Associations position statements on Intellectual Freedom and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated excellence in using communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute positively and work effectively within a team environment.
- Comfortable with facilitating customer programs using new technologies.
- Ability and knowledge to assist customers with the use of technology, devices, information resources (print and electronic) and in the use of various service applications and web based platforms.
- Effective and creative problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- This position consists of varied schedules which include day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Satisfactory background screening is required for this position, which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check.
$28.77 - $36.73 per hour*
- Approximately $52,579 - $67,105 per annum based on a 35 hour work week. Shift differential may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of the CSU 52 Collective Agreement.