Children Services Worker Jobs Vacancy in Region Peel Greater Toronto Area
Region Peel Greater Toronto Area urgently required following position for Children Services Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Children Services Worker Jobs Vacancy in Region Peel Greater Toronto Area Jobs Details:
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit our website or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Children's Services Worker
Temporary Full Time-Up to six (6) months; up to four (4) positions
Human Services - Community Access
CUPE Local 966
The Children’s Services Worker will determine client’s financial eligibility for child care subsidy for the Purchase of Services programs in accordance with Ministry guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Make recommendations to clients on community resources
- Ensures through case management of client files
- Coordinates the placement of children in licensed child-care programs within the Region of Peel
- Maintains a caseload
- Performs administrative work pertaining to all cases
- Complies statistical reports that are required for the Division and the Province
- Acts as a resource to clients and to the general public
- Liaises between Purchase of Service supervisors/operators, agencies, and Social Assistance Workers
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in a Human Services or related discipline with two (2) years of experience in the Human Services field
- Strong mathematical skills with accuracy
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Day Nurseries Act, MFIPPA, ODSP, Housing Services, Residential Tenancy and Human Rights Act
- Knowledge of Human Services program areas including Early Learning and Child Care, Financial and Employment, Social Housing and Homelessness
- Working knowledge of Client Management System, Social Assistance Technology, Ontario Child Care Management System, DomDoc and MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good assessment skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Child care or fee subsidy experience would be considered an asset
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are currently in the bargaining unit.
This position is a bargaining unit position represented by CUPE Local 966. Continuous employment is not guaranteed and may be subject to layoffs as outlined in the Collective Agreement Article 15.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton and/or 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Hours of work: 8:30am-4:30pm, 35 hours per week
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.Additional Information
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.