Supplier Quality Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Linamar Corp Guelph
Linamar Corp Guelph urgently required following position for Supplier Quality Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supplier Quality Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Linamar Corp Guelph Jobs Details:
Work involves functioning as a technical liaison among Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers (current and potential) to resolve quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning in support of new product launches, series production and provide technical support. Focus to be on specific commodity assigned. Requires independent judgment within the limits of general practices and standards. Work to create “Zero Defect” mindset across the global Skyjack Supply Base. Work involves giving technical direction or training to small groups of employees at Supply Base. Extensive travel required.
- College/University degree with Major in Engineering (advanced degree desirable, Mechanical or Electrical) or minimum 5 years’ experience (required) in Manufacturing, Quality, or Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering preferable).
- Technical knowledge in one of the following commodities/product groups: Steel Fabrications, Machining/Welding, Electrical, Powertrain, Plastics, or Hydraulics
- Supplier Quality experience required (2 years minimum).
- Tooling design and development experience desirable
- ASQ affiliation and certifications would be considered an asset (CQE, CSQP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
o Manufacturing Engineering
o Industry quality processes and standards (ISO, VDA, AIAG Core tools APQP, MSA, PPAP, FMEA).
o Technical commodity knowledge highly desirable.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Knowledge of statistics, statistical process control, process capability, data analysis and chart interpretation (histograms, trend charts, etc.)
- Proficient oral, written, and computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead and motivate others in group situations.
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolution.
- Monitor developments within commodity assigned and keep purchasing appraised, cost reduction opportunities are of special interest.
- Evaluate potential supplier on the basis of:
o Commodity technical capability
o Process control
o Manufacturing capacity
o Engineering capability
- Assure correct interpretation of Engineering and Manufacturing requirements including capacity and timing
- Track performance of assigned suppliers and escalate ongoing issues to Senior Leadership.
- Maintain data on supplier contact information, location, products and processes.
- Evaluate and approve suppliers, improve quality performance of suppliers, establish supplier performance metrics, lead supplier development activities, and provide supplier quality process training.
- Oversee projects from start to finish; be hands on and proactive in finding quality issues.
- Excellent problem solving skills including experience preparing / supporting problem solving 8D’s
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier programs
- Recommend and implement cost effective corrective actions
- Lead and coordinate Supplier APQP and the PPAP process to support flawless launches
- Support management reports based on customer expectations (KPI’s)
- Ensure proper containment and work instruction approval at the Supply Chain is implemented to protect manufacturing
- Establish short term / long term goals with Supplier and Skyjack Supplier Quality Manager / Purchasing
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvement
- Work to solve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure the continuity of supply
- Lean / Six Sigma mindset
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Full Time Salary
Percentage of Travel Required