Siebel Developer Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto
Bmo Financial Group Toronto urgently required following position for Siebel Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Siebel Developer Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto Jobs Details:
This is a permanent, full time role located at 120 Bloor St. East, Toronto. The Siebel Developer will join a team of professionals that are primarily responsible for maintaining and supporting the Siebel instance at BMO.
- Design, develop and support the implementation of the “Application” solution changes, fixes or enhancements. (The “Application” is primarily Siebel but will also include other application-related software)
- Collaborate with Business and/or Technology stakeholders for requirements and improvement initiatives
- Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
- Provide application support as needed and as scheduled.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 5 years systems analysis and programming experience
- Expert knowledge of Siebel System which includes development work using:
- OpenUI concepts (e.g. CSS, HTML, JS, PM/PR, Themes, etc)
- Siebel Tools (e.g. Siebel GUI objects, eScripts, Workflow, EAI, etc)
- Siebel application (e.g. LOV, ADM, Administration, RCR, EIM, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL queries
- Strong understanding of Siebel Data Model
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Siebel enterprise environment, Siebel Server concepts, Thin/Thick clients, database connections, etc.
- Solid understanding of SDLC (e.g. business/systems analysis, design, development, testing and implementation)
- Working experience with any of the following scripts is an asset: korn shell scripts (ksh), DB2 SQL PL, Visual Basic/C++, BI Publisher
- Experience in Siebel Mobile Development is an asset
- Knowledge of BMO’s policies, procedures and methodologies is an asset.
- Knowledge of BMO’s T&O organization and processes is an asset.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong communicator with solid written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Displays high ethical standards and integrity
- Good understanding of emerging technologies
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation Technology Canada-X000068
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date Ongoing