Finance Clerk Event Assistant Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver
University British Columbia Vancouver urgently required following position for Finance Clerk Event Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Finance Clerk Event Assistant Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver Jobs Details:
To provide assistance with financial processing and logistics of educational and scientific events at the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences(PIMS).
Reports to Manager, Finance and Administration. Works with Manager, Finance and Administration, BC Education Coordinator and Program and Events Manager.
Major duties include:
- Performs regular financial processing at PIMS-UBC (requisitions, deposits, journal vouchers)
- Assists with various account reconciliations.
- Responds to financial enquiries.
- Investigates any anomalies and works to solve issues.
- Works with PIMS Program & Events Manager to administer budgets for PIMS events.
- Maintains control of event budgets to prevent overspend and keep events "on-budget"
- Assist with collation of financial information and report preparation.
- Maintains familiarity with university and granting finance policies at UBC.
- Assists the PIMS Manager, Finance & Administration with financial matters as required.
- Deliver documents to campus locations as needed.
- Assist with planning and logistics of PIMS scientific and educational events.
- Edit final report submissions for events.
- Update demographics spreadsheet using information from the final report
- Update the evaluation spreadsheet using responses from the organizers survey.
- Update the publications list using information from PDF final reports
- Create/update event web pages.
- Assist with refreshment set up and clean up for PIMS seminars and other events.
- Assist with event mail-outs and communications
- Other related duties as needed.
- Provide general clerical support as needed.
- Other related duties.
Reports to Manager, Finance and Administration. Works under the general supervision of Manager, Finance and Administration. Takes direction from Program and Events Manager and BC Education Coordinator.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Errors in financial processing/reports may result in incorrect budgeting or PIMS clients not being paid in a timely manner. Errors in logistical support may affect PIMS reputation in the outreach community.
High School graduation and one year of related training. 2 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of UBC Financial Management Systems (FMS) an important asset. Ability to be thorough, accurate, and have a high level of attention to detail. Ability to efficiently and effectively coordinate tasks. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to effectively use business software at a basic level. (e.g., Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.