Licensed Insurance Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Manulife Financial Montréal
Manulife Financial Montréal urgently required following position for Licensed Insurance Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Licensed Insurance Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Manulife Financial Montréal Jobs Details:
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Licensed Insurance Advisor (LIA) is responsible for handling mainly inbound calls in order to conduct a needs analysis and provide information and selling health & dental, life and disability products in a professional, effective manner. There may also be some outbound calls to follow up with their customers.
- Responsible for handling inbound calls and accepting inbound prospect calls with a sales objective. Provide advice to prospects on insurance products suitable to their needs.
- Handle conservation calls both inbound/outbound by providing in-depth product benefits and information, thereby reducing cancellation rates.
- Gather and accurately record all customer information required to process evidence-free applications.
- Utilize Order Entry system to mail product literature, brochures and supplies to customers as required
- Escalate issues, concerns and trends to Business management.
- Carry out special projects and assignments as required.
- Full LLQP (AMF License in Insurance of persons) required
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) in English and French
- Experience in a telephone and/or insurance sales role
- Thorough understanding of Individual Life and Health insurance products
- Excellent PC skills, specifically MS office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent business experience
- Must be available for shifts between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m, Monday to Friday
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with customers in challenging situations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Strong ability to multi-task
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.