Methods Engineering Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Cimcorp Automation Ltd Grimsby
Cimcorp Automation Ltd Grimsby urgently required following position for Methods Engineering Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Methods Engineering Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Cimcorp Automation Ltd Grimsby Jobs Details:
The Methods Engineering Specialist is responsible for developing detailed functional specifications of warehouse automation solutions. This position works directly with Senior Project Managers and software development leads to produce and validate system functional specifications that adhere to the contractual scope and performance requirements as sold to the customer.
DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- Review the as sold system contracts and supporting documentation (specifications, customer requirements documents, data analysis and performance simulations) to understand the required scope of delivery. This involves working directly with applications, software, engineering, and project management groups.
- Produce detailed system functional specifications describing the warehouse automation process that forms the overall scope of Cimcorp supply and describes the functional and performance interactions between each automation element (Robotic storage and retrieval, conveyance systems, warehouse control systems).
- Support the senior Project Managers to ensure the functional specification is understood by all internal and external stakeholders most particularly towards obtaining customer approval of the documented details.
- Liase with Software Development team members to ensure the identified product backlog and demonstrated software functionality of the system is consistent with the functional specification.
- Prepare and administer system test plans to validate that the delivered system meets all requirements of the functional specification including component functionality, and cycle time and throughput performance. This will involve working directly with Senior PM’s and software leads to demonstrate the system functionality to the customer during Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Organize and create simulations to prove out and demonstrate new concepts.
- Provide technical assistance and explanation to customers and internal departments on throughput rates.
- Participate in safety risk assessments, as well as coordinate and develop the safety validation plans as per industry standards.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities both at the installation site, and at Cimcorp Automation Ltd.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong mathematics, modeling and data analysis skills. Attention to detail.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to create and develop innovative solutions for automation systems equipment to meet customer goals.
- Experience with industrial automation including general knowledge of PLCs, and software an asset.
- Experience with industrial robots, ASRS, and conveyor systems an asset.
- Strong ability to read mechanical / electrical drawings. Familiarity with Agile software development processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding controversial matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet the Sales teams’ deadlines without compromising service.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working in an industrial/engineering/automation industry in a system planning or system analysis capacity.
- Moderate travel may be required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employee Group Benefits Plan (including health and dental coverage, life insurance, health spending account, long-term disability)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible working hours
- Travel opportunities
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to join one of the largest material handling companies in the world
Cimcorp is a leading global supplier of turnkey automation for intralogistics that uses advanced robotics and software technologies. As well as being a manufacturer and integrator of pioneering material handling systems for the tire industry, we have also developed unique robotic solutions for order fulfillment and storage that are being used in the food & beverage, retail, e-commerce, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and postal services sectors. In addition, we offer comprehensive customer support services.
With locations in Finland, Canada and the United States, Cimcorp Group has in excess of 400 employees and has supplied more than 2,500 logistics automation solutions in 40 countries across five continents.
At Cimcorp we don’t fill vacancies; we solve our clients’ business challenges by sourcing the best people with the right mix of skills, experience and attitude.
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- automation: 3 years
- Grimsby, ON