Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Islington Seniors Centre Etobicoke
Islington Seniors Centre Etobicoke urgently required following position for Program Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Islington Seniors Centre Etobicoke Jobs Details:
The Program Assistant schedules and evaluates recreational and wellness programs and workshops for the active seniors of the Islington Seniors' Centre. The role also recruits, trains and supervises program volunteers and assists with fundraising, special events and administrative tasks for the Centre. The programs at the Centre promote the physical, emotional and social well-being of the members as well as provide opportunities for people to connect with others with similiar interests and hobbies.
This position is 24 hours per week and the hours will be discussed with applicants at the interview since there is flexibility as to how the hours can be structured during the week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily Programs: schedule, initiate, evaluate, market the programs
- Travel Program: select booking/planning and promote monthly day trips
- Fundraising: assist with special events, corporate outreach, marketing
- Volunteers: recruit, train, evaluate, monitor, recognize all volunteers; plan the volunteer recognition event
- Events: coordinate volunteers, assist with setup & cleanup, theme lunches, special events
- Administrative: assist in the front office, complete memberships, ticket sales, answer phones
- Calendar: create and produce monthly calendar of programs and quarterly newsletter
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Previous experience working with seniors
- Degree/Diploma in Gerontology or Recreation & Leisure or Activation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Email
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic; friendly, reliable and considerate
- Able to work collaboratively with volunteers, members and community partners
- Be a team player and be flexible
- Current First Aid and Safe Food Handling Certificates would be an asset
The successful applicant will be required to consent to a vulnerable persons sector screening check.
You must include a cover letter with your resume and send by February 28th. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
- understanding recreation and wellness programming: 1 year
- working with seniors: 1 year