Weekend Laundry Aide Fielstone Commons Care Scarborough Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Canada Toronto
- Weekend Laundry Aide Fielstone Commons Care Scarborough
- Compass Group Canada
- Toronto ON
- 23 May, 2018 30+ days ago
Compass Group Canada Toronto urgently required following position for Weekend Laundry Aide Fielstone Commons Care Scarborough. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Weekend Laundry Aide Fielstone Commons Care Scarborough Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Canada Toronto Jobs Details:
We are currently hiring for a weekend Laundry Aide at our long term care facility – Fieldstone Commons Care in Scarborough, ON.
Shifts: 4.30-11 pm
Payrate- $14.55 / hr
To sort, clean and distribute residents’ laundry and respond to emergency cleanups
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Sort and process dirty laundry according to procedures.
- Sort, fold and hang clean laundry.
- Label resident’s personal laundry.
- Daily Cleaning laundry room and common areas.
- Distribute linens and return personal items to resident rooms.
- Report changes in residents to manager and nursing staff
- Project cleaning as required
- Respond to emergency cleanups as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
- Maintain a Safe Environment at All Times ( i.e. use of wet floor signs).
- Responsible to perform according to safe work practices by: learning the safe way to do the job & seek instruction on unfamiliar equipment.
- Use provided personal protective equipment.
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Ability to work at other site for periodic shifts to assist with special projects, short staffing & opening new sites.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- High School Diploma
- Flexible availability
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment or Long Term Care setting preferred
- Able to operate laundry equipment such as washing machines, dryers, linen press and clothing labeler
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to read, write and speak the English language
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, other employees and residents
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Physically able to carry out duties of the position
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and TB test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!