Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal
Mcgill University Montréal urgently required following position for Secretary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs various secretarial duties including word-processing, support of administrative activities, and verifying documents for internal and external submission. Responds to general and student enquiries regarding area's policies, procedures and practices. Completes administrative forms, keeps records, inputs and verifies data. Assists with organization of special events. Makes travel arrangements. Maintains inventory of supplies and handles cash. Opens and sorts mail.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintains Director’s agenda. Sets up appointments, reminds Director of appointments and organizes schedule according to priorities.
- Receives, screens, directs and makes telephone calls; takes and relays messages. Arranges meetings and contacts participants regarding time, place and general purpose of the meeting. Attends meetings, takes and distributes minutes. When requested, schedules and arranges appointments and makes travel arrangements.
- Performs data entry to update management, patient or student record computerized information systems. Produces lists and reports using appropriate software. Keeps up to date with and implements standard computer applications. May act as resource person for standard office software.
- Types various documents such as correspondence, manuscripts, reports, grant proposals, statistical tables, administrative forms and lists. Following instructions arranges for publication of materials, such as the departmental handbook, web pages and publicity brochures. Formats according to specifications using standard computer applications. Verifies for completeness and proof-reads for grammar and spelling. Composes routine correspondence.
- Assists in ensuring the smooth functioning of special events such as symposia, conferences, exhibits, and special clinics. Takes reservations and appointments, collects registration fees, and answers general enquiries.
- Performs various office functions such as sorting, filing and retrieving files or documents, photocopying and assembling of documents, posting notices, and receiving, distributing, addressing and sending mail. May act as messenger.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education & Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Must be client-focused and service oriented with a proven ability to work with people at all levels. Motivated to learn and be flexible to change. Demonstrated organizational skills and high attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions. Proven ability to take minutes, to proofread and edit correspondence and other material. Experience performing literature searches/reviews is an asset. Proven ability to use: Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Web maintenance and Social Media experience an asset. French and English (spoken and written).
Faculty of Medicine
How To Apply:
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is May 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN EIGHT (8) WORKING DAYS OF THE DATE OF PUBLICATION.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Assistant Secretary The University Jobs Vacancy in York University Toronto. York University Toronto opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Assistant Secretary The University position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 24 Apr, 2018. Provide high-level assistance and support to the university secretary in ensuring compliance with the universitys governance system by providing policy and... ... Continue reading -->
Administrative Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Centre For Addiction And Mental Health Toronto. Centre For Addiction And Mental Health Toronto opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Administrative Secretary position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 18 May, 2018. The Complex Care and Recovery Program is seeking a full-time, temporary (12 months) Administrative Secretary to work in the Downtown West Clinic.... ... Continue reading -->
Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Conservatory Music Inc Brampton. Ontario Conservatory Music Inc Brampton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Secretary position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 03 Apr, 2018. _Join a winning progressive team of professionals!_ Ontario Conservatory of Music (www.ocom.ca) is the largest music conservatory of our kind in North America... ... Continue reading -->
Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Conservatory Music Inc Mississauga. Ontario Conservatory Music Inc Mississauga opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Secretary position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 02 Apr, 2018. _Join a winning progressive team of professionals!_ Ontario Conservatory of Music (www.ocom.ca) is the largest music conservatory of our kind in North America... ... Continue reading -->
Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Boniface Hospital Winnipeg. Boniface Hospital Winnipeg opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Secretary position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 17 May, 2018. Boniface General Hospital, the SECRETARY is responsible for providing secretarial support in a clinical or administrative area within the hospital.... ... Continue reading -->