Winter Lift Operator Operations Jobs Vacancy in Mount Washington Alpine Resort Courtenay
Mount Washington Alpine Resort Courtenay urgently required following position for Winter Lift Operator Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Winter Lift Operator Operations Jobs Vacancy in Mount Washington Alpine Resort Courtenay Jobs Details:
Reports To: Lift & Tube Operations Manager
First Year Operator: $11.35/hr
We are currently seeking Lift Operators to join us until April 2018.
Lift Operators play an integral part of any alpine resort operation, often being the first point of contact for guests playing a key role in providing a positive experience and exceeding guests expectations. If you love to ski or snowboard or looking to learn you will get plenty of time on the snow. Or you may be wanting to get your foot in the door to the ski industry or looking to make lifelong friends then this position is for you.
Energetic, friendly, social, and physically fit are all key attributes of individuals who fill the position of being a lift operator. Working hard while being professional and maintaining the safe and efficient operation of the lifts is key, all while having a passion for working outdoors and enjoying everything that the alpine environment has to offer. The people that excel at the position of being a lift operator have a natural ability to generate good experiences for themselves, their co-workers and the public.
It is important to know most of a lift operators time is spent outside, working in all weather conditions from sun to heavy snow and extreme cold, varied snow surfaces and requires you to be on your feet for majority of your scheduled shift. During all these conditions lift operators must have a high level of alertness and attention to the lift and the guests riding them.
- Please see the benefits section of our employment website for employee perks.
- Safety Orientated with a strong work ethic
- Previous customer service experience favorable but not required
- Be physically fit to move snow, bump chairs, assist guests when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment, be a team player and also be able to work alone
- A passion for the outdoors and ability to work in all weather conditions
- Be available to work full time including weekends and holidays
- Be able to stay and work for the full winter season (till Mid April)
- Able to ski/snowboard or be willing to learn
- Own your own snowboarding/ski equipment or willing to buy gear
- The safe operations of your assigned lift by the Lift Supervisor
- Assist guests including children loading and unloading ski lifts
- Validate all guest’s tickets and ensure no misuse or fraudulent activity
- Maintain a high level of customer service and assist guests in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner
- Maintain load and unload ramps at your assigned lift to ensure guest safety
- Be spatially aware of your surroundings and work in a safe manner
- Complete daily checklists such as set up and take down of mazes, signs, snow removal, ice removal, etc
- Be punctual, arrive at work alert, fit to work and ready to work
- Keep a positive upbeat attitude while at work
- Maintain a respectable level of personal appearance and care for your issued uniform
- Additional duties required by one of the Lift Operations Supervisors or Lead Hand