Electrical Technologist Qualified Jobs Vacancy in Atco Electric Brooks
Atco Electric Brooks urgently required following position for Electrical Technologist Qualified. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Electrical Technologist Qualified Jobs Vacancy in Atco Electric Brooks Jobs Details:
Who We Are:
ATCO Electric is a member of the ATCO Group of Companies - one of Canada's premier corporations. Our head office is based out of Edmonton, Alberta (10035 - 105th). We are an investor-owned utility delivering electric energy to customers throughout northern and east-central Alberta. Albertans count on ATCO Electric for the safe, reliable delivery of electricity to their homes, farms, and businesses, and serves almost two-thirds of the province, delivering electric energy to petroleum and forestry companies, farms, towns and cities, First Nations and Métis Settlements.
With approximately 6,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
Under the leadership of the Team Leader perform regular inspections of Converter Station equipment; detect and diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine extent of repairs required; perform repairs and routine maintenance; perform related duties such as the preparation of maintenance reports, and processing of paperwork. The position will support EATL O&M station personnel. Some travel, overnight stays and standby is required.
- Participate in installation, testing, commissioning, and acceptance of Converter Station equipment
- As station EIC, lead or coordinate the activities of a group of electrical technologists, maintenance technicians or contractors
- Operate various types of Converter Station equipment including HV breakers and test equipment
- Assist with the development and implementation of EATL processes and procedures
- Support planning, scheduling and execution of short and long term maintenance and project activities including coordination with operating authorities
- Support training objectives provided by vendor during any construction and commissioning activities
- Carry out administrative tasks including: preparing/completing routine paperwork, attending meetings, planning the execution of their own work, ordering and receiving parts
- Provide technical expertise in operation and maintenance of HVDC converter station equipment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, test and repair HVDC Control and Protection equipment
- Provide technical training and coaching to less experienced staff
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with all applicable safety and work practices, procedures and regulations
- Operating a motor vehicle and ensuring NSC requirements are being met as required
- High school diploma with a Diploma in Electrical Technology from a recognized technical institute and a trade certificate as a Journeyman Power Systems Electrician
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in operation and maintenance, construction and commissioning of Substation or HVDC equipment
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license
Interested candidates should submit their resume through www.atco.com/careers/, quoting Requisition ID REQ 4202 on or before January 26, 2018.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your eligibility.
Job Type: Permanent