Room Attendant Jobs Vacancy in Airlane Hotel Conference Centre Thunder Bay
Airlane Hotel Conference Centre Thunder Bay urgently required following position for Room Attendant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Room Attendant Jobs Vacancy in Airlane Hotel Conference Centre Thunder Bay Jobs Details:
The Airlane Hotel & Conference Centre is looking for a new Room Attendant/Housekeeper to join our team.
The position is Part-Time and does have the potential to develop into full-time.
Please review the job description below and see if this position is right for you.
Job title: Room Attendant
Responsible to: Executive Housekeeper
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE:
To clean and stock allocated guest rooms to ensure Holloway’s high standards of cleanliness and presentation resulting in guest satisfaction.
1. Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
2. Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
3. Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
4. Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
5. Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
6. Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
7. Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
8. Clean rooms, storage areas and corridors as allocated achieving standards of cleanliness and presentation as per company policy.
9. Ensure guest supplies and promotional material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished achieving the correct standards for the room type.
10. Report lost and found following procedures.
11. Understand the correct usage and storage of cleaning agents in line with health and safety regulations and manufacturer’s instructions.
12. Use and clean equipment with care reporting any defective equipment.
13. Carry out opening and closing procedures while ensuring accurate completion of any reports.
14. Carry out deep cleaning duties as allocated by the Supervisor on duty.
15. Use linen and terry in an efficient and cost-effective manner while ensuring corridors are free from dirty linen/terry.
16. To report all maintenance faults.
17. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
18. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have the ability to communicate in English.
2. Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
4. Can communicate well with guests.
5. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
6. Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment.
7. Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50lb/22kg.
GENERAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To adhere to all matters relating to hygiene, health, safety and emergency procedures as laid down by law and by company policy.
2. To carry out any reasonable request.
3. To provide exceptional customer service with positive addressing of guest concerns/complaints in line with company policy.
4. To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to achieve standards required by company policy.
5. To be committed to achievement of the company, property and department Mission Statements.
6. To be a “sales person” by active promotion of property facilities and company/property specific promotions in order to contribute to overall profitability.
7. To assist with team member orientation/training within the department as required by company policy.
8. To maintain standards of punctuality, uniform /dress code as appropriate to position and personal hygiene as required by property and company policy.
9. To be aware of and comply with company and house rules.
10. To contribute to energy conservation and ensure safe usage/storage of all materials/equipment/chemicals as per manufacturers’ instructions.
11. To attend meetings as requested and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation.
12. To assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-organized work area in line with property policy.
13. To adhere to the Property Crisis Communication Plan to ensure that inquiries from the media are responded to by the nominated spokesperson in line with company policy.
14. To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety with full adherence to security procedures with proper handling of keys/cash as appropriate to the position following procedures laid down by company policy.
Please apply either in person from 9:00AM to 4:00PM or by email.
Holloway Lodging Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know of any accommodations that may be required in the interview process.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Thunder Bay, ON