Operations Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Shoe Bank Canada Ottawa
Shoe Bank Canada Ottawa urgently required following position for Operations Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Shoe Bank Canada Ottawa Jobs Details:
Shoe Bank Canada is on the hunt for an Operations Assistant in Ottawa, ON to help us in our mission to ensure that no Canadian should want for a decent pair of shoes.
Our ideal candidate would embody the following qualities:
- Empathy – can you effectively handle feedback from a wide audience and respond to them on their level?
- Dedication – are you able to stay on top of breaking news and connect with our community consistently throughout the week, day and night?
- Passionate – do you care about making a difference in your community and country?
- Autonomy – do you work well on your own? Are you able to motivate yourself to get the job done?
The Operations Assistant is an important role primarily responsible for improving awareness of Shoe Bank Canada’s mission to ensure that no Canadian should want for a decent pair of shoes.
The operations assistant will help coordinate and execute the collection, sorting and distribution of shoe donations. This role would assist the communications and marketing coordinator in their efforts to promote collection.
This position is open to a student looking for either a four-month co-op term or internship. We are looking for a 3rd or 4th year student pursuing a bachelor of commerce, business, marketing, or arts. This is a part-time, flexible hours role for 25-30 hours per week.
Tasks for the Operations Assistant position include, but are not limited to:
- Collection – Responsible for fielding emails/calls from the community and local businesses who require pickups and/or learn about drop-off locations. Assisting Dymon Storage with pickup logistics.
- Sorting – Work with volunteer agencies during shoe sorts, liaise with shoe drive hosts.
- Distribution – Maintain and establish relationships with new and existing partner agencies. Handling emails/phone calls from partner agencies to arrange for shoe donations.
- Other relevant tasks as agreed upon with management.
- Business education and experience
- Marketing and communications experience – excellent written communications
- Comfortable with technology, software, and social media
- Strong self-starter and ability to see project from start to finish
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to think and communicate creatively and strategically
- Respect for confidential and sensitive information
- Friendly, fun, professional