Recreation Services Assistant Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby
British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby urgently required following position for Recreation Services Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Recreation Services Assistant Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby Jobs Details:
The Recreation Services department is looking to fill two (2) regular, full-time Recreation Services Assistant positions. This position performs a variety of duties that support the effective and efficient operations of the Recreation Services department. The Recreation Services Assistant (RSA) performs day-to-day functions including opening and closing the facility, operating the Recreation Service Centre customer service counter, selling memberships and services, handling cash transactions, deploying equipment, coordinating facilities bookings and rentals, providing exemplary customer service to students, staff and public, and providing administrative support for the department.
Hours of work are determined by building operation hours.
Please note: This is one of two RSA postings. Please see our careers site for the remaining RSA posting.
Position 1 - Hours for RSA Morning
- Monday to Friday - 5:45am to 1:45pm
Position 2 - Hours for RSA Evening
September - May
- Monday to Thursday - 1:30pm - 9:30pm
- Friday - 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Monday to Friday - 12:00pm - 8:00pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides coverage of the Recreation Service Centre customer service counter; answers in-person, phone, email and social media inquiries regarding Recreation Services programs, courses and facilities.
- Handles membership sales and payments; registers participants in intramural, drop-in and instructional programs; sells laundry, towel, locker services, and bike lockers. Handles financial transactions resulting from sales and refunds, including cash out procedures and purchase orders.
- Uses Active Networks system to create and maintain membership profiles, sell services, books facilities, produces reports, loads course information and monitors enrolment. Liaises directly with Recreation Payment and Information System provider's (such as Active Networks, Fusion (Innosoft), Perfect Mind) help desk on system issues.
- Supports the Coordinators with administrative tasks including facility rental contracts, short and long-term equipment needs, special event planning and organization, researching best practices, equipment specifications, potential purchases and facility enhancements. Assists with set-up and take down of events and rentals including moving equipment and supplies.
- Prepares hiring, timesheets and invoices for student staff and contract instructors.
- Supports Recreation Services advertising and marketing initiatives including preparation and distribution of a variety of promotional and informational materials in a variety of formats; reviews and updates the department's website as directed by the Operations Coordinator.
- Assists with laundry service: Receives, washes, folds and replenishes laundry.
Position 1 - RSA Morning duties also include:
- Lead RSA on facility and logistic work requests
- Lead RSA on Active Net
- Lead RSA on department front counter TV, website & social media content
- Lead RSA on opening procedures
- Administrative support for Events and Community Engagement Coordinator (new position)
Position 2 - RSA Evening duties also include:
- Lead RSA on fitness instructor forms
- Lead RSA on Fitness Center assistance (WRA scheduling and cleaning scheduling or tasks)
- Lead RSA on bike lockers
- Lead RSA on closing procedures
- Administrative support for Fitness and Wellness Coordinator
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI .
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of Grade 12 plus completion of one year of post-secondary training in recreation, physical education, sport management, business or related field.
- Two years general experience plus two years practical, current experience in recreation related jobs that includes experience working on a point of sale cash register (POS) and reconciling daily cash sales.
- Occupational First Aid (OFA 1) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office experience, with Excel and Word at the intermediate level.
- Experience in maintaining webpages at an intermediate level
- Familiarity with social media including (such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, etc.)
- Ability to conduct applicable internet research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven interpersonal, customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Accurate keyboarding skills at 50 wpm.
- Experience with electronic record keeping.
- Ability to prioritize and meet changing priorities and deadlines with a high level of organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to document research findings and write general correspondence.
- Ability to use sound judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion when working with the public under stressful situations, in-person, and on the phone, including the ability to navigate and de-escalate potential conflicts and aggressive encounters.
- Ability to multi-task and work undistracted in a busy, open, shared work station environment.
- Must be physically able to meet the demands of the position including setting up for special events, moving equipment and furniture, and receiving, storing, and installing a variety of products and materials.
Please indicate which position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Administrative and Professional Opportunities
Pay Grade 6; $44,611 with yearly increments to $48,320 per annum.
Quicklink for Posting: