Solution Architect Jobs Vacancy in Aldo Groupe Montréal
Aldo Groupe Montréal urgently required following position for Solution Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Solution Architect Jobs Vacancy in Aldo Groupe Montréal Jobs Details:
Job Title: Solution Architect
Department: Information Technology
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The ALDO Group’s IT department is currently looking for a Solutions Architect. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for solutions design and tools development, along with architecture principles, supporting various Information management, data integration and business intelligence (BI) initiatives. Solutions will be on heterogeneous platforms and technology stacks including Windows, Linux, Mobile (IOS/Android) and will leverage innovative open source toolsets, cloud platforms, SaaS providers, existing technologies and emerging techniques going forward.
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing solution design options and mapping business requirements to technical /system requirements for new projects. The incumbent serves as key advisor to the Customer and Business Applications teams and the PMO team on all projects. The solution architect serves as a consultant/advisor on different projects and as a subject matter expert on technical aspects of business problems.
This position requires collaborative internal/external consensus building skills with a proven ability to think strategically in a rapidly evolving environment. This role requires a unique blend of strong technical and business knowledge, solid interpersonal communication skills, along with awareness of technology and industry trends.
- Prepare solution vision or solution outline for various projects as per SDLC
- Design and develop prototypes, proofs of concept, pilots and solutions to validate architectural assumptions and assess technology options
- Enable and operationalize rapid and agile development methodologies
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for future growth and development
- Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation
- Deliver the technical components of the business case for a project
- Develop operational models and support levels for solutions delivered
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software and networking components of the ALDO Group’s system architecture
- Abide by and evangelize the policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise
- Define technical solutions that meet business needs and be responsible for the alignment of solution architecture to business architecture
- Facilitating design and solution architecture discussions among internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Designing high quality applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Working with the development and quality-assurance project teams to lead, oversee, or support the development effort, explain and correct system designs, support defect management process during quality control effort
- Participate in the solutioning process with cross-functional teams required to envision, define, design and monitor the implementation of complex solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in design and development of enterprise software systems (within the Retail industry would be an asset)
- Strong knowledge of E-Commerce and web application architecture
- Mastery over all tiers of web infrastructure and open source stacks
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS lifecycle
- Experience designing and interfacing with SOAP and REST APIs
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of technologies including but not limited to: ReactJS, Node.js, AWS, Java, iOS, Firebase, GraphQL, JMS, F5, Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, JBoss, ActiveMQ, LoadRunner, Soasta and JMeter
- Experience integrating cloud platforms and services with Enterprise systems
- Experience with SDLC and Agile technologies
- Strong understanding of Devops and continuous development / improvement/ deployment concepts
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development i.e. testing, continuous integration, project rooms, pair programming, etc.
- Organized, efficient and can handle multiple projects and activities at the same time with minimal supervision
- TOGAF certification, is an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; French is an asset