Accounting And Finance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Innovia Partners Toronto
Innovia Partners Toronto urgently required following position for Accounting And Finance Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting And Finance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Innovia Partners Toronto Jobs Details:
Innovia is screening for a Finance and Accounting Manager for one our our clients, a large architecture practice located in downtown Toronto, On.
Our client is among Canada’s most dynamic architectural firms. Being one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, it provides vast professional development opportunities and great culture for its employees. Over 160 employees create portfolios of projects illustrating a diversified client list that includes major players in the residential, commercial, media and hospitality industries. Equally wide-ranging is their scope and expertise in the rehabilitation and conversion of existing buildings, historical restorations and renovations, corporate interiors and institutional projects.
Our client offers outstanding opportunities to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm. It is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
We are seeking an energetic, agile, and client-focused leader to join a growing team. This position reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for people management activities such as coaching, supervision and development of the Project Accounting team.
- Oversight of Project accountants’ monthly client billings including reviewing and finalizing drafts, and ensuring invoices are sent in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain client relationships with respect to invoicing, Accounts Receivables and other queries
- Review and collections of client Accounts Receivables, and implement current AR policy
Financial and Project Reporting
- Support Principals and Project Leads in preparation and control of project and budget reviews; analyze earnings and variances from budget
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure project performance
- Analyze firm-wide trends, actuals, variances vs. budgets with respect to revenues and project expenses
- Ensure accuracy of project information (e.g. billing rates, project fees, clients, billing contact)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial package for Director of Finance and Executive Principal review
- Prepare and analyze year-end schedules and working papers for external accountants
Special Projects and Initiatives
- Lead adhoc analyses, Vision enhancements that relate to project accounting, and other initiatives within the Accounting team
- Recommend and lead enhancements to accounting and project reporting processes
- Preparation of insurance, banking, and other external adhoc reporting documents
- Provide support to the Director of Finance on proposal, RFP, MSA and ASR reviews
- 5 years of progressive experience in project accounting, with minimum 1-2 years of supervising experience
- Accounting designation (CPA) or other appropriate academic major
- Proficiency in MS Office. Experience in Deltek Vision (preferred) or other billing softwares
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, taxation, and government filing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to business needs
- Highly results oriented, interested in change management and with strong relationship building skills.
- Strong problem solver, self-starter, takes a hands-on approach and able to deal with reasonably complex finance issues
Job Type: Full-time
- Toronto, ON