Junior Software Developer Contract Req Jobs Vacancy in Ross Video Ottawa
Ross Video Ottawa urgently required following position for Junior Software Developer Contract Req. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Software Developer Contract Req Jobs Vacancy in Ross Video Ottawa Jobs Details:
WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a new software developer to expand the robotics software team. Software work in robotics goes right from bare metal up to GUI. You will be working with a small and tightly knit team of hardware, mechanical and software engineers and are encouraged to learn about those areas as all three disciplines play together in robotics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop GUI features to provide more intuitive control of our studio robotic products. These GUI features are prioritised based on key customer requirements.
- Work with R&D developers in Ottawa and Belgium to design, write, edit, and test software as per the specifications or guidelines. This will include writing and reviewing documentation related to the code, including requirements documents, design documents and test documents.
- Work with Product Verification team for testing and bug fixing of the software.
- Act as an occasional trainer/field support for existing and potential customers on an as required basis in a professional manner.
- Advise and make recommendations on matters relating to software development, to provide an improved basis for decision making and planning. This would include suggestions around code refactoring.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent c# or Java coding skills
- Good c++ coding skills
- We are looking for a proven track record in creating and maintaining rich, powerful and intuitive GUIs. You should be able to demonstrate a strong creative component.
- Knowledge of motion control and mechanical design and a demonstrated interest and practical experience in robotics would be an asset.
- You have opinions and can clearly present them. However, you are also a good listener and are able to recognise alternative solutions. Big egos do not work well at Ross.
- You love learning and progressing your skill set. That means you'll be comfortable talking about your weaknesses just as much as your strengths, and working hard on improving will be a daily habit.
- We work in a very collaborative environment, and you enjoy mentoring the other members of the team to always do better. It is vital that you care more about the delivering result rather than exactly whose ideas achieved it.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport
- Office environment with occasional assisted heavy lifting
- Office, Moderate Noise.
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.