Director Customer Logistics Calgary Jobs Vacancy in Ryder Calgary
Ryder Calgary urgently required following position for Director Customer Logistics Calgary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Customer Logistics Calgary Jobs Vacancy in Ryder Calgary Jobs Details:
The Director of Customer Logistics will lead and manage all operations within an integrated third-party logistics services operation ensuring that the operation functions within the policy framework of Ryder System Inc., and Ryder Canada. Requirements / Exigences
- A university or college degree in business administration or engineering
- Strong knowledge of supply chain, warehousing and transportation management with preference to individuals with Oil and Gas experience
- At least ten (10) years of experience in leading and managing a large operational organization including full P&L responsibility
- Experience in managing in a multiple location environment
- Good understanding of information technology and how it facilitates product and information flow in a distribution environment
- Strong leadership, analytical and decision-making abilities with an Entrepreneurial outlook to business
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills
- Ability to work in time-pressured environment
- Ability to travel - 30%
- Ensure all operations in Western Canada meet their safety goals and help support our safety organization in communicating our safety culture
- Develops the logistics unit business plan as well as key objectives and strategies for growth within the business unit
- Drives successful implementation of action plans and manages performance and cost reduction initiatives to reach business plan revenue targets
- Oversees budgets, financial tracking and operational execution to ensure that the operation is profitable
- Provides necessary direction and support to direct reports to ensure contractual agreements are met and to ensure customer satisfaction, retention and generation of additional or replacement business within the business unit
- Interfaces with multiple customers to ensure on-going customer satisfaction is met
- Develops and implements strategies/initiatives to control or reduce operational and carrying costs as well as inventory losses and maximize the utilization of assets including facilities, vehicles and operations equipment
- Participates in the development of customer contacts; identifies and implements initiatives to address under-performing accounts in conjunction with the local account managers
- Evaluates performance of direct reports and assists in the evaluations of others within logistics business unit and provides support, training and development to improve individual knowledge and skill levels and overall performance and results of logistics business unit
- Support sales activities within Western Canada both in organic and new opportunities in all verticals
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 905 826-8777 extension 7.