Temporary Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Cargill Aberdeen
Cargill Aberdeen urgently required following position for Temporary Research Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Temporary Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Cargill Aberdeen Jobs Details:
This position is responsible for supporting breeding and pathology activities throughout the field season. This includes:
- Assisting with seed set up, leading a group of high school students through nursery plot maintenance and harvest.
- Collection of nursery and yield trial data.
- Pathology duties including inoculum preparation, inoculations, and disease ratings.
- Collaborate with breeding associate to coordination and execute on nursery plot maintenance, selfing and harvest.This may include leading a team of high school students or temporary workers and ensuring quality control.
- Collaborate with the pathology technician on inoculum preparation, field/chamber inoculations, and disease ratings.
- Seed set up support.
- Coordinate with breeder and breeding associate on data collection from nursery and yield trials.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that require climbing, bending/stooping, and work in varying climates/environmental conditions including indoors, outdoors, and dusty environments.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a group.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills.
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Education in some scientific area.
- Agriculture related field experience.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate, service, and troubleshoot machinery.