Accounting Clerk Contract Jobs Vacancy in Triumf Vancouver
Triumf Vancouver urgently required following position for Accounting Clerk Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Clerk Contract Jobs Vacancy in Triumf Vancouver Jobs Details:
The International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC) is the main international event for the worldwide accelerator community and industry, and IPAC18 will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia from April 29 to May 4, 2018 at the brand new JW Marriot parq Vancouver. Attendees will be presented with cutting-edge accelerator research and development results and gain the latest insights into accelerator facilities across the globe. Over 1200 delegates and 70 industry exhibits are expected to be in attendance.
TRIUMF, as host of the 9th annual conference, is responsible for providing a variety of services to ensure it's operations run smoothly. To achieve this, we are currently accepting applications for an Accounting Clerk to provide clerical assistance and support for the required administrative and general accounting functions. Our ideal candidate is a proactive self starter who has basic accounting experience, excellent customer service skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. This position will initially be part-time for the first 3 months, and will transition to full time for the conference dates.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating registration and exhibition records, and processing entries to the ERP system
- Reconciling payments and auto posted entries with records and bank statements
- Working closely with onsite registration team to ensure correct pricing and timely registration
- Handling of registration payments and cash distribution payout
Skills, Requirements, Knowledge, Experience:
- General understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite pf products, particularly Excel and Word
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy combined with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- High school graduation with a certificate in accounting and 3 years relevant experience, or the equivalent of education and experience
- Experience in clerical accounting in preferred, and previous experience with ERP software would be a definite asset
TRIUMF offers a creative, diverse and inclusive team environment working with brilliant individuals. We are located in Pacific Spirit Park on the campus of the University of British Columbia in beautiful Vancouver, BC. On-site amenities include a café and secure bicycle storage.
We offer a competitive hourly wage and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada for the duration of the contract.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to email@example.com and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 624
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations