Youth Worker Jobs Vacancy in The Ymca Greater Toronto
The Ymca Greater Toronto urgently required following position for Youth Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Youth Worker Jobs Vacancy in The Ymca Greater Toronto Jobs Details:
Provides positive interactions, crisis intervention, rapport and relationship building with participants, supportive counselling and practical assistance to participants in consultation with other members of the team.
Provides initial screening and intake of potential residents, orients and greets new residents.
Provides support and referral options to participants regarding employment, housing, and other participant needs as required. Works with community partners to offer a variety of services to youth on site.
Responds to emergency and crisis situations following appropriate procedures; ensures the safety and security of all staff and participants at all times; provides support to other staff in crisis situations.
Participates in design and implementation of workshops, and group activities for participants.
Participates in individual supervision, staff meetings, circulates through all program areas to support the total program delivered in Youth Outreach and Intervention where applicable.
Identifies, suggests, and implements creative and innovative improvements to services, policies and programming.
Documents according to current professional standards, maintaining appropriate documentation in case files and logs. Completes incident reports when required.
Completes case note documentation and maintains participant case files; ensures quality audit measures are achieved in accordance with the YMCA and funder’s standards; completes data entry in the Shelter Management Information System (SMIS) and ensures all administrative tasks are completed as assigned.
Completes documentation regarding participant tracking and log in systems and other items as required by the YMCA regarding program outcomes.
Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Post -secondary diploma/degree in social work, Child and Youth Work, Child and Youth Care
- Or a degree/diploma in an unrelated discipline and 2 years professional experience working with marginalized youth
- Direct service to LGBTQ2S youth an asset
- Ability to critically analyse personal and systemic issues leading youth to become homeless
- Knowledge and ability to integrate anti-racism, anti-oppression, critical disability, LGBTQ2S and trans-positivity, trauma, harm reduction, and strengths-based principles into practice
- Knowledge of transitional, shelter, and other housing systems in Toronto, ability to assist youth transitioning into adulthood through developmentally appropriate support
- Possesses relevant knowledge of community resources, and referral agencies
- Ability to advocate effectively with other systems resulting in increased access for residents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Must have ability to work flexible hours, and all shifts including days, evenings, and weekends
- Valid First Aid/CPR preferred
- Skills in Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Criminal Reference Check within last 6 months an asset
- The position requires the following Association Competencies: advanced competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; Teamwork and Collaboration; fundamental competence in: Ethics and Self-Management; Being Member Focused; Relationship Building and Partnering; Being Results Focused; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion.